Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Nice....how long ago did you sell it GLH
In February 2012.
The gentlemen that got it looks like he worked a lot on the cosmetics, it looks great.

If anyone here would like to talk to me about the boat just PM me here with your number and I will call you.

Running here on Lake Champlain summer 2011 from 0:25 to 1:10.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B7NngMjQLo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by GLH; 12-02-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
this boat would not be remotely competitive in that class. its to tall, to heavy and to slow to compete in that class. look at the boat that replaced this one now "warcry" and it was half a lap behind the skaters. i don't know people are saying this boat is worth so much when no used boat is worth anything these days and used race boats are worth even less. its a realistic 5 figure boat. 45k to convert? i'd say jump and jump fast if that were the case.

For that kind of money I would say "who cares" How many people can afford to race in this class? This would allow me to keep my Skater in tip top show quality shape and beat the hell out of the MTI.

It would be crazy cool just to be in the loop with these guys and boats. When I have watched the races I can't even tell who's winning. I just see a bunch of awesome loud boats zooming by. I wouldn't even care if I got lapped. It's not like the prize money would even pay for your fuel.

I'd really like to find a partner to split it with. Then it's doable right now.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orthobam
For that kind of money I would say "who cares" How many people can afford to race in this class? This would allow me to keep my Skater in tip top show quality shape and beat the hell out of the MTI.

It would be crazy cool just to be in the loop with these guys and boats. When I have watched the races I can't even tell who's winning. I just see a bunch of awesome loud boats zooming by. I wouldn't even care if I got lapped. It's not like the prize money would even pay for your fuel.

You say that now. Once you are out there that will change at the first corner.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
You say that now. Once you are out there that will change at the first corner.
Yes I know, just like when I said I only want a boat that will cruise comfortably at 80mph. Now I'm talking to my engine builder about how fast we can get the boat to run at the Shootout.

It's always a way I can rationalize to myself and my wife with a slow start. First it was a 32' Crownline, then a 4460 Regal, then a new 390 Sundancer, then a Skater. You have to progress slowly.

I've been repeating in my head over and over but I keep getting confused "wanting what you have not having what you want" Well I must have dyslexia because it doesn't seem to work that way for me.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

It would be crazy cool just to be in the loop with these guys and boats. When I have watched the races I can't even tell who's winning. I just see a bunch of awesome loud boats zooming by.
I agree with you! Other racers wouldn't mind, it'd just give them one more boat to beat. Offshore racing today is whoever throws the most money at their boat.... WINS!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I rode in this boat twice. Once with my girl friend on my lap. Was a vey nice running boat. GL and I did something like 136mph. For the guy that wants more then a two seater this boat is NOT for you.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U are talking huge money and tons of time to race. Its nearly a full time job during the season, are u retired.?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
TMR
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pic of this boat with another mti and it looks taller. But to go run it and just have fun out there this boat is it. For the price.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Question. What are the vertical hoses on the drives for? I have seen this on a few boats but never understood why.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I just figured out it was a 2 and not 4 seater. I'm no expert on the boat market (except I spent the last 12 months looking at everything), but it seems price right for what it is. About as limited of a market as the 46 Skater with diesel engines.

I would bet if the price was lowered to $125k it will still sit for a while..If it had 4 seats it would be worth twice as much (to me at least).
If you're ready to spend $250k on a four seater call me!

DOI seem like a ton of fun for the money! Pier 57's good job at pricing them so they don't have birthdays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.