Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Today is the big day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28842-today-big-day.html)

checkmate981 07-16-2002 11:20 PM

Paul

Good to hear you got the Scarab up and running again.We need to hear some speed results?
Dave

candyman35 07-16-2002 11:47 PM

Hot Boat,
Two years!!! Man you need to do a lot of catching up. Hope everything goes well.
Dan

Hot Boat 07-17-2002 01:55 AM

All I got to say is that it was a long day, but in the end it all paid off. Upon arrival at Typhoon I had a few small issues to take care of before she was ready to go. well the small issues end up not being so small and took all afternoon. typical for me. :rolleyes: Bruce at Typhoon worked on it all day and had her ready for sea trial at 7:30 pm. Every thing went great. We only had a 28" 4 blade Hydromotive prop to test from. It was a bit over propped. She ran a top speed of 67 mph @ 4200 rpm. I am looking to test a 26" 4 blade bravo 1 tomorrow. she needs to spin at 5200 rpm to be at peek HP. Aside from the finding the correct prop and a few minor details I couldn't be more happy. :D I can finally look forward to enjoying the boat.

Before Shane gets on the bored and tells you all about today and bust my chops like usual. I need to thank him for taking the time to come from Albany and go with me today. Its been a long day and I hope you get home safe. Thanks pal. Now go ahead and reticule me. I don't care. Tell them all about it. I don't care. My boat runs:p

Also Thank you Paul and Rachel for waiting around all day to make sure everything went okay. I needed the moral support. I'll see you guys soon.

And thanks every one on OSO for all the help through this project. I don't think I would of even got involved in it if it wasn't for all of you.

And last I thank Typhoon Marine for there excellent and very thorough workmanship. Great job guys. One very happy customer. But sorry for making you work so late tonight.

I'll post some more results and photos of the finished product in a few days.

Paul:D

Shanghied Again 07-17-2002 06:01 AM

Paul, Best of luck with the boat, If I knew you guys were down last night I would of stopped by.

Shane 07-17-2002 06:30 AM

Originally posted by Hot Boat
...Before Shane gets on the bored and tells you all about today and bust my chops like usual. I need to thank him for taking the time to come from Albany and go with me today. Its been a long day and I hope you get home safe. Thanks pal. Now go ahead and reticule me. I don't care. Tell them all about it. I don't care. My boat runs:p

Reticule?...................:rolleyes: How about Ridicule?
Bust your chops? NO WAY DUDE! You FINALLY got it wet, it didn't sink, it didn't catch fire, it only had a small leak and it ran GREAT! Not a post to be busting balls. This is your HAPPY THREAD and I won't bust on you here. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of opportuities in the future I am sure! :p Sorry I was not feeling well and wasn't the best company, but I am glad I could tow it down for you and do what I did. Your hard work has paid off and I am glad that I was able to assist and help you throughout the project. I hope you and the old lady have many years of trouble free enjoyment on it and I look forward to seeing it at my dock at the lake!:)

To everyone else. He was like a kid on Christmas morning yesterday when I picked him up. It was great to see the happiness this day brought to my great friend. He has agonized, stressed and otherwise been very frustrated with this project, but he kept with it and never gave up. An important LIFE lesson for everyone. NEVER EVER GIVE UP! Paul, despite the ball busting we BOTH do, you should be extremely proud of your accomplishment and you deserve to enjoy it for many years to come.

Shane:cool:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-17-2002 06:42 AM

7:30 ??? Damn......:mad: Had I known that, I could have made it down there to see you guys. :( Glad to hear all went well. Enjoy the boat now that all the hard work is done and over. Now it's time to play and dial it in....:D Enjoy........ ;)

Dean Ferry 07-17-2002 08:09 AM

Paul,
Congrats. on getting the boat finished! Good luck and happy boating!:D
MD

Audiofn 07-17-2002 08:26 AM

Glad to hear it!!! :D:D:D

Mr Gadgets 07-17-2002 08:27 AM

Paul,

Congrats!!!!!!! I know where you are coming from!!! Believe me the second day will be even better..
Get the little bugs out and go enjoy that bad boy!!!!

Dick

rjcardinal 07-17-2002 08:31 AM

Congratulations, its a great feeling isnt it? The feeling of pride from a job well done lond outlast the frustrations of getting it done. Enjoy!

Ron