Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   outerlimits on ebay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28845-outerlimits-ebay.html)

Jayl13 07-16-2002 01:28 PM

AHHH I see where your coming from
Got cha
Well if you have it survey'ed im sure you wont be disappointed
(would anyone not want an outerlimits???)
but other boats yeah I see your point
Jason

Steve 1 07-16-2002 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Boat is gorgeous! Perfect time of the year also:)

cigarette1 07-16-2002 01:45 PM

Do you really need to seatrial a 2001 Outerlimits ???

If you are considering it ... then you probably already know how it rides ... and if you have your own power, you can get a pretty close estimate of how fast it will be.

I had a guy look at my boat on Friday ... it has a few cosmetic blemishes and a couple of gauges don't work(I told him they didn't work) but still clean ... he asked for a seatrial ... Sunday I take him and his wife out and the boat runs perfectly .... after, he says, the boat is setup well and runs great, but, cosmetically, it is not what I'm looking for ... :confused:

I thought the seatrial was to confirm your decision based on the boat running as claimed.

:confused:

Next time it's going to be .... do you like the boat? .... would you buy it if it runs as expected? .... Will you give me a $1000 deposit that will be refunded IF the boat does not perform as represented?

p.s. ... I may be jumping the gun a bit .... I might get a offer in the mail today :D

SLINGSHOT 07-16-2002 02:03 PM

I BID ON IT BUT..........

IT SHOWS 150K AND I BID MORE THEN THAT. IT SAYS I AM THE HIGH BIDDER BUT IT DOESSNT SHOW IT. WHATS UP WITH THAT?

Steve 1 07-16-2002 02:06 PM

Cigarette 1 if you look at that Beautiful OL then considering the fact that it was listed with E-Bay on the ninth day of this month with only 3 Bidders at this time ,given the vastness of reach to that site. Caused me to make the question I did about the strategy of the seller now there maybe snipers waiting for the last seconds to make a bid who knows??:)

Best Regards

Sydwayz 07-16-2002 02:13 PM

SS,
You bid on a proxy. Your bid does not need to go up any higher, other than to out-bid another person. Your bid will increase automatically up to your maximum; as others chime in with their bids. Ebay explains this better on their TOS. You will have to keep checking to see if you have been outbid.

cigarette1 07-16-2002 02:25 PM

Steve 1,

True, true

Do you think Ebay is a realistic venue to sell THAT boat. Maybe they see it as a cheap way to advertise it.

I guess ... It's All Good

G

thisistank 07-16-2002 02:32 PM

Gary, you buying this OL when you sell the Cafe??? Oh, and by the way...Dude, don't ever take anyone out for a sea trial unless they are going to kick in some cash...If they are serious buyers they won't mind in the least.;)

Hey, you down for Havasu in 2 weeks??

Tank

cigarette1 07-16-2002 02:35 PM

Tank ... Bro, the boat is still available for you :D

I'm hoping in two weeks I'll be boatless :rolleyes:

thisistank 07-16-2002 02:36 PM

Yea, well you are to motivated to sell for me! I have to get rid of my boat first remember. If you are not boatless you are in for Havasu!:D