Notices

Torque Engineering

Old 07-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Torque Engineering

So, what happened to Torque Engineering???

I know they had a relationship with Hustler and equipped at least one Huntress with a pair of their V-12's(Color Us Gone) and I now see their availability in a certain powerboat ad this month, but they're not looking too good...

...Look them up, their chart hit the floor. Nothing shows up and the last I remember they were trading at like 1.5cents a share. Their last press release hints at them going under. Any info???

It would be a shame to lose an innovative product like this. Anybody know how their engines perform and hold up in the real world?

Thanks, just curious!
Old 07-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Nick,
Good Question? I too thought that their V-12's would be more popular than they are? I think part of their problem in selling them is the $$. I just hope they make it, and IF they do go belly-up, that someone buys them and continues the development of the V-12.
MD
Old 07-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree Dean, I was looking forward to hear of more implementation. They look to be some bad-ass engines!
Attached Thumbnails Torque Engineering-p2160395.jpg  
Old 07-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, part of Torque's problem is that the market simply isn't that big. The only place you'll see those monsters is in large offshore performance boats; large cruisers will use diesels, so no market there.

How many 42' and 46' Cigs, OL, Hustler 444's, Nor-Techs, Skaters etc are built annually? And there are lots of folks willing to supply big power - Chief, Keith Eickert, Sterling, Teague, Merc Racing, etc etc. Tough market.

Add to that the fact that pretty much the only guys that can fix one of those V-12's are Torque themselves; lots of local mechanics can swing the wrenches around a BBC, even a mutated monster like an 1300 hp Sterling. An all-aluminum V-12 is a little different story.

Not trying to be negative - I love the idea of a monster cube motor, and hope that Torque makes it. More competition is always a good thing. Hooking up with a manufacturer to supply direct to the factory is a step in the right direction, for sure.

Course, all that being said, if I hit the right numbers tonight, my next boat might just have 24 cylinders in it!

Now, who's got a sound clip of those beasts at full honk? I've got "Color Us Gone" throwing roostertails as my wallpaper, but I need the appropriate soundtrack!
Old 07-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure that we are Torque's largest customer to date and yes they are still in business. The engines are well suited (as stated above) for our large platform hulls. They are innovative, hi-tech and modern and feel they compliment our total overall package, particularly our 50 cat. I love their performance and dockside manners. They are pricey but they have lowered them a bit to broaden their appeal.
That said they now have a challenge before them and they know what I'm talking about. How they resolve this challenge will determine the context of my next post. They have a good opportunity with us and we'll see what they do about it. I'll let you know.
TS- Nor-Tech
Old 07-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

salesmanship,

Thanks for your valuable insight.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

salesmanship,
what exactly is this challenge before them, or is it a secrete?
cause i’m sure tomcat, or maybe cobra marty would love to start working on it. LOL
Old 07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Registered

Slightly off the topic, but I saw the cat with the big Torque motors before it was shipped to Europe.
It is THE most impressive looking cat that I've ever seen !
I've never seen anything quite like it !
Stunning..
I understand Nor-Tech is building their first canopy cat...I can't wait to check it out..
Hans
Old 07-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dean,
As I said I'll reserve comments on "the challenge" until further notice but you lost me on the Tomcat or Cobra Marty thing. Whaddyah Mean?
Old 07-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think that the 'challange' would be more of a financial/partnership type rather than mechanical/HP war.

Quick Reply: Torque Engineering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.