OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds >

OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds

Notices

OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds

Old 07-22-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds

Most of you probably know I sell Western diesel performance products now . Well I keep getting the old story that someone else makes a better one . This is usualy from someone that has only owned one kind and realy doesn't know . So anyway , I now sell most other brands just so you have a better choice and can get the best price for you OSO members .

Other brands include : Banks, BD, Superchips, Diablo, ATS, and a few others coming soon .

Honestly I still prefer Western Diesel ( for diesels) to others for good reasons . But everone seams to have an opinion ,so now you have a choice . I also have stuff for older ,NON electronic diesels too (injecters , pumps, turbo's exhausts etc.) ! Just wanted to let you know ! And remind you all that the OSO members get the best price possible .

THanks ,JOE

Happy chipping !!

[email protected]
Old 07-22-2002, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boot
What can you do for my Dodge 01 3500 6spd 4x4
Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Default chips

I agree with boot...I also sell chips and accessories from several different manufacturers, and western deisel is at the top of my list as far as performance and reliability is concerned.

Boot, but you can't beat the ease of installation of the superchip microtuner for the powerstroke.

Have a good day,
Don Baca
Triad Performance Marine
Old 07-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Registered

Hi tpmarine.com ! Your right ,the "tuners" or "programmers " Are real easy to install but they all create real high exhaust temps . In fact super chips just discontinued several of their programmers because of that . LIke I said I sell them only because some people just won't listen and want the 'name' they know ,no matter how it works . I do however like the super chips for gas engines ,they do a great job ! But that is also an actual chip not a programmer or tuner .

Also I don't think the tunners do the hp they claim . Either that or the Western diesel stuff puts out MORE then they claim . I just removed a a superchips programer from a 2001 F350 ford .It was capable of stock setting , 60 hp or 80 hp . It made over 1250 degrees EGT and climbing , with just the truck going from 25mph to 70mph ! Then on high power (80)it made 1500 degrees before I let off at 70mph and it was still going !! This tuner is for sale if someone wants it . This guy doesn't ! Also the hp settings were barely noticable .They claim 80hp ?? I dought it was 50. The WD chip I put in makes 75hp but compared to the SC. programmer, it felt like 150hp ! Also EGT's were down to 1000 degrees (1250 deing max) in the same test and took it's time getting there . With the super chips in ,the ex. temp gauge went up as fast as the tachometer !!

Here is a link to the programmer for sale if anyone is interested . Like I say there , it is not recomended for towing .Your temps will sore . :
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...ght=superchips

any offers ?
Old 07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Gumbydammit

El-turbo El-melto!!!

Hey boot...how is that boat coming along?

Old 07-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

Bajabob, The sky is the limit ! We could do injectors , bigger turbo , modified pump , bigger intercooler , bigger exhaust , chip , propane injection , .......... OH sorry , I got carried away ! You don't want to make 600 hp do you ...... How about a nice chip ? Actualy it's a box that plugs right in to your wiring harness and does not disturb anything else . You could install it yourself in about 5 minutes if you want . YOu will gain about 65hp and around 180 ft lbs of torque and still have low Ex. temps. Also probably get a couple more mpg once you get used to not stepping on it to play with the power ! A good filter and exhaust would do great things for it as well . Send me an email and I'l return it with some options and prices . Thanks , JOE

Gumby ,How are you ? It's going sorty of slow . Just too much going on ! I have one motor going together now and the other will be finished being machined this week . Hopefully soon ! The season will be over by the time I'm ready . I'll have to call the insurance guy and add another month to my plan ! LAter ,JOE
Old 07-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Hey Joe,

You are correct about the exhaust temps, with the tuner they go up pretty quick...that is why I never sell a tuner without gauges and exhaust.

I have used both the supertuner and tri-power in my 01 350(empty & towing 10K +), and both worked very well. With the exception of the higt EGT's, the tuner was just as effective as the tri-power.

FYI - I have also tested (on my truck) the difference between the 4" downpipe that ATS offers, and the 3 1/2" downpipe that WD offers with no difference. The ATS system is a little louder. Both are good systems.

That is exactly why I offer many different products from many different manufacturers, so that I can let the customer decide. Not to mention that I get to try out all this cool stuff on my truck or boat before I offer to the general public.

Have a good day,
Don Baca
Triad Performance Marine
Old 07-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Spanky

Boot, I e-mailed you, send me some info when you get a chance, thanks. Matt

Old 07-23-2002, 08:37 AM
jb
Registered

say you have a 2000 powerstroke. Whats the best application that wont mess with the upper console on the lariats for temp, mpg and compass...also controlling exhaust temps.
Now about the extra guages for the window pillar, where do I get me some!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

jb, as far as I know they all mess up the over head readout in the lariet . I would recomend the Western diesel chip .75hp & 150 ft lbs. It is the best one that I sell on the exhaust temps . IT does mess up the mpg reading , and the mile to empty reading .The rest is fine .compass, air temp , all the gauges ,etc. some others have messed up the entire dash ! Gauges are a good thing ! I have window post mounts and gauges for trans temp ,ex. temp and boost . The mounts come in black (paintable) or wood grain to match lariet interior . And are availible for 2 or 3 gauges . YOu can have your choice of gauge companies but WD makes their own and they are real nice . "seadated " has the wood grain ones with his own gauges in his truck .THey are sharp ! Send me an e-mail and I'll get you a price . Exhaust is recomended if your towing . [email protected] Thanks ,JOE

Here is a picture seadated sent me :
Attached Thumbnails OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds-wood-grain-mount.jpg  

Quick Reply: OT/ Diesel & gas chips of all kinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.