Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
And who did we see on speed vision this morning? >

And who did we see on speed vision this morning?

Notices

And who did we see on speed vision this morning?

Old 07-13-2002, 11:10 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And who did we see on speed vision this morning?

Why it was Gordo's mug! Way to go Gordo! Although, I'd like to get an explanation on that last turn.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, that was cool! Congrats Gordo!

So, what about the Supercat start?....That was crazy when Desantis(I think) really hosed down another boat(forger which)...That bost getting hosed almost went over. Lots of "bleeps" on that conversation.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:57 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

That was a tad close. I'm pretty sure they were less than 10' apart. Sure looked like a wild ride!
Old 07-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Hey Gordo..... Waht's with that diamond thing in your ear??? Dave Warden
Old 07-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

....did Bill give that to you????
Old 07-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

yeah...what did happen i didnt catch the race until after the green, who got hosed...whats going on round here????
Old 07-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I can't remember who's who, but here's what happened...the race just started and everybody is lined up. One boat starts drifting to the left squeezing another boat who also had traffic on his left. He starts to drop back narrowly missing the drifting boat on his right. The drifting boat continued left putting the middle boat right into his rooster. The boat then went nose high to the point where it looked like it would blow over. Revenge was found a short time later when two boats squeezed the one that had started the whole ruckus.

On the final lap Gordo entered the turn wide and then cut over tight to the marker. The lead boat saw him and paniced. He turned sharply to the left and started to hook his boat. This dropped him out of the lead. The two boats never got real close but the angles had everything to do with it.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's pretty much it, cord!

When that supercat got hosed down, he was no more than 10 feet behind the other boat.....The prop thrust must have gotten underneath the bow and literally lifted it towards the sky....I thought he was going over for sure.

And the Super vee lite final lap: I seemed that Gordo's boat came into thge turn from a really wide angle and Extreme was trying to go in tight hugging the turn buoy....It was interesting, but nothing was really going to happen....It seemed gary had to cut the wheel pretty hard, though. Good Race!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry I missed it !!!!!

Crap!!! That's twice I've missed the show. Did anyone record the last two weekends? If so, we make deal, eh?
As for "the turn", I think we still had a few laps to go when that happened. We had been side by side for three or four laps, (I lose count), and I had been watching Gary's turns closely, (as he was mine). We were trying to beat them by carrying speed thru the turns, they were trying to beat us by accelerating thru the turns. That particular turn was pretty close, but from what I'm hearing, it must have looked a lot closer on TV than it did in the boat.
I've raced against these guys quite a few times in different classes over the years. We all know that neither would race the other dirty. On the other hand, neither of us will give anything away without a battle.
Let's face it gang, Gary and Steve are two of the best racers on the water. They rarely ever make a mistake. So on the rare occaision they do blink, you better be there to take advantage of it. We did. And GAWD was it fun !!!!!
But, I can assure y'all, Gary won't allow that move twice.
And in Savannah, they made damned sure of it by puttin a whoopin on us, (along with the rest of the fleet).
So, Stay tuned for Cleveland folks, This is gonna get wild!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Quick Reply: And who did we see on speed vision this morning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.