Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kook flipped boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28866-kook-flipped-boat.html)

DONZI 07-17-2002 05:47 PM

Our prayers are with you !

kook 07-17-2002 07:26 PM

Wow - thanks for thinking of us.

My buddy is pretty much the same, but he's made it past the worst (when the brain swells to its max). To the layman, he looks better. I saw his legs move when the nurse had to mess with the tube(s) that are down his throat. That is the level of activity that is "significant" at this time. Nothing more substantial is expected this week. He's breathing with the help of a ventilator.

Insurance "investigator" spent a few hours with me today. Looks like this will be a drawn-out deal, not that I'm anxious to get out on the water - I've known that my season is done.

Not that they visit the board, but I would like to send a special thanks to my mother and g/f for spending time with me recently.

On another note, WTF's up with the for sale section? I went to place my 572 for sale, only to find out that it's now a pay site.... Even for the average guy? I thought this was just aimed at commercial sales? :confused:

arks 07-17-2002 07:26 PM

Geez-
What else is there to say that hasn't already been said......give your friend the support he needs, but don't beat up on yourself. You were both there by choice and understood the risk.

Please keep us informed of your friend's condition.

Waterfoul 07-17-2002 07:32 PM

If anyone thinks we are not a "family" on this Board, check out how many views this thread has. As of my post it is at 3992. That has to be a record. To me that shows a lot lf care and concern. Nice to see.

Payton 07-17-2002 10:25 PM

My thoughts and prayers are certainly with both you and your friend.

Keep us posted.

BTJ88 07-17-2002 10:52 PM

My thoughts and prayers.

Keep your head up.

Brian

hirschy77 07-17-2002 11:15 PM

Kook, Stay strong, time heels, and things will get better !!!! Mark

MIdnightRider 07-17-2002 11:34 PM

I had followed the threads for awhile waiting to see how and when your boat would be done, and its outcome. Putting that motor in that boat was something that I could truly appreciate. I actually passed by this thread several times assuming it was one of your friends joking with you. I am very sorry to here what has happened. We will pray for the speedy recovery of your friend. It was an accident, 75mph isn't anything that would be considered dangerous in todays speed driven boating market. You were about ten steps ahead of most boaters, wearing vests and not drinking at all. We must remind ourselves daily of the Lord and give thanks for his involvements and creation of our lives. During times of trouble and difficulty the Lord is an even stronger pillar for us to lean on. One verse I always think of when my life is tuff, I think it is Proverbs, correct me if I'm wrong, " With the Lords help, ALL things become possible". Through prayer and positive thinking, all of us can do our part to help make your friend better. Midnight:cool:

PS- I'm sure you must feel like things didn't workout as you had planned, but running right out and selling off the motor? You and your friend can get it back together later when things setttle and he is better, and this will all be a bench racing story to tell over a couple of cold ones.

Sydwayz 07-17-2002 11:43 PM

kook,
I agree with MR. We all know, including you, that the motor did not cause this. I would delete all instances of you even mentioning it; before the insurance company catches wind of you even thinking/suggesting the power was at fault. That boat can be safe with that motor. I have friends with that power in the same boat. You may just need to pull a couple spark plug wires off for a while to control laying it on the dash. (My Dad disconnected the 2 main barrels on the Holley on my 327 Monte Carlo years ago when I needed a reality check). Do not make such a rash decision under such duress. Take your time. It is only property; give your time to your friend and family right now.

audacity 07-18-2002 07:59 AM

ok....i've been reading this thread and have kept my thoughts to myself.....but!..."75mph isn't anything that would be considered dangerous in todays speed driven boating market" WTF!!! that was the most ass-nine thing i've heard yet!!!....have i done dumb things??....holly **** yes! we all have!....someone is to blame...who???...from what i know of kook he seems like a very stand up guy. i LIKE that!....i'm not going to put one candy coated word here....are there any leasons learned here???not sure...