Notices

Kook flipped boat?

Old 07-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear this Kook, take a deep breath and hang in there man..........Doug.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:17 PM
MIdnightRider

I think the true tragety here has been lost. Kook has a buddy down right now, and all of the boating knowledge in the world will not change that. "Support", frankly I think a few of you are just *******s, waiting for a chance to show the world how smart you think you are. Kook my best friend just had his brother die in a motorcycle accident that was his fault. Does that change what is now reality, NO. We must be a support group, not a bunch of " I knew its, and I told you so's" This thread has turned to total Bull****. Kook- My group supports your spitual needs 100%, I do not care what anyone thinks, at this point it does not matter. Midnight

Old 07-18-2002, 11:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

@#$% an A right MIdnightRider!!!!
@#$% an A right.
I could not agree with you more!!!!!!!! I wish some of these arrogant folks would step back and think about this happening to them. I tried, I tried; to clean this up on the first page.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kook,

Your friend will come out of this fine, with all our hopes and prayers.

If there is one thing that may come out of this accident, will be a new awareness of the dangers we all face at WOT!

Maybe this awareness will save a life or an injury this summer for some of us. I for one will be remembering this thread next time I am out with my 14 year old son screaming along!

Good luck to you both!
Old 07-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kook,

I was racing a guy that got throw out of his boat at 75. He and his girl friend were beat up real bad. I felt like **** for a long time but the guy said we were out just having a frindly race. He and his girl friend recovered fully and just recently we went out to dinner to talk about how lucky we were. I hope you and your friend get to go out to dinner.

Roger
Old 07-19-2002, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Ike,

Since this thread belongs to you, and my comments are directed at you, I will include this post here rather than starting a new thread. This will be my last post in this thread since as others have pointed out, the thread is going nuts. I'm probably the worst abuser of rambling on details of questionable value but we are who we are, eh?

If you're feeling guilty about your comments, then deal with it. For some reason you feel it is necessary to defend them. Sure, you said "I heard" twice in the original post. That is why I think you earned a couple of grace points in there.

It was your next sentence that I am critical of:
<< I thought that boat looked a little small for that kind of power and speed and inexperience.>>
Also in your next post you do it again:
<< Brian,Eyewitness said he was driving very reckless all day, people need to know and learn to slow down!!! >>

I stand by Sydwayz's immediate offense to those comments. I feel that they were misplaced and presumptuous.

Secondly, you're right. I don't know you. I only know what you write. Because of that, I have no ability to judge you - only the ability to judge what you write, which I have done.

You are also right in that I have no right to tell you what to say. Didn't think I told you what to say. Here's the quote: << You GOTTA be sure to make it clear that you are only reporting what you have HEARD, and not making judgements. >>

As far as what has happened to you in the past regarding overpowered boats and such, how does that make it any more "okay" for you to tell all of us that Kook was: a) inexperienced b) needing to know and learn to slow down and inferring that he was driving recklessly?

I, and I assume everybody else on the board, appreciates your early report of Kook's mishap. Nobody expects the early details to be perfect. I still feel, however, that your criticism of his inexperience and comments about small boats and too much power were misplaced and should have waited until more news was confirmed.

As far as your own personal catastrophe, I'm very happy that you and your passengers recovered from the event. If you were Kook, and He had written that you were inexperienced, I would be trying to take up for you and would be critical of Kook's comments.

If you would care to continue the discussion, I prefer to do so in a new thread.

Kook

Hope things are improving. I know you will report when you have news. As far as your boat/motor, listen to your heart and do what YOU think you should do. Unless you have a reason to rush, let the big decisions wait.

M
Old 07-19-2002, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Kook, very sorry to hear of your accident. Hope your friend has a speedy recovery.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Registered

Kook,
I hope your friend comes through and that you are not beating yourself up.

Forget about the "what ifs" as well as what others are saying. To those of you who are questioning anything of Kook, take the stuff elsewhere right now. This is not about "you". It is about Kook and his friend right now.

Take care and stay positive.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

Kook,
I've been away a day or so and just learned of your accident. It saddens me deeply to learn of your friends injury. Lets hope that with good care, he will recover fully. Like Advantage Rob said, 75 MPH is not unusual for this hull. It's so much fun, thats why we do it. The cause of the accident is academic now, and the main concern is for your friend. Please keep us posted on his progress, and try to keep your spirits up.
Larry
Old 07-19-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Kook hang in there, For those of you who don't think 75 is fast then on your way home tonight stick you head out the window of your car on the highway. Speed must be respected.

Quick Reply: Kook flipped boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.