Notices

Kook flipped boat?

Old 07-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kook... Its good to hear that your buddy is getting a little better . Keep your head high bud

Travis
Old 07-19-2002, 06:01 PM
Banned

I am happy to hear the progress of your freind. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:25 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Good News Kook!! Keep up the positive thoughts!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Hang in there!

Kook:

I don't know you I but feel your pain. My brother was seriously injured in my F1 boat back in 1999. He broke his back in 5 places while we were jumping waves in the inlet @ Daytona Beach. Me and my mom had to push his morphin button every 7 minutes for almost 12 hours and then he caught pnumonia, he damn neared died. We were only going about 20 mph and who would of thought that would of happened? My brother has some pain but is walking and carrying on his life. Do not blame yourself for a second. Stay by your friends side, keep your girlfriend close and keep your chin up!

Brian Hollis
Driver # P3-96 PowerBoatTours.com
Old 07-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Glad to hear he's doing better,
Prayers are with you and Him.
Good Luck,
Caleb
Old 07-19-2002, 08:50 PM
DanL

I'm glad your friend is doing better. Reports from qualified sources, actually my employee who was on the river that day, say that your boat was chine walking up and down the river, most all of the time. Bigger ain't always better. Don't forget, torque is not your friend in a single engine application, especially big cubes.

Old 07-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Recovery...

Originally posted by DanL
.... Don't forget, torque is not your friend in a single engine application....
Kook:

#1: I feel for you, and hope that you, your friend, and your equipment all come back to full strength, and that boating remains an enjoyable pasttime for you. I know from experience that you will probably never completely shake off the memory of this, but I also know that you can use it to your advantage by taking an objective look back at it, as you seem to be doing.

#2: (Please take this for what it's meant to be- a sincere offer to help you get your feet wet again.) I run a 28' boat with a 6' beam at speeds as high as 92 mph. This boat has a DPX drive, and the counter-rotating props really, really make for a nice ride. BajaBob38, Sharkey, DaveP, Shanghied Again, Shane, Miller and others have all been out on it and can give you the straight scoop. I'm over at Tome's Landing, so I'll give you a free demo in the boat so you can see for yourself. (We'll be using it in the Philly Poker Run on August 3rd, too.) If you're interested, when the time comes for you to put your boat together, I've got a bellhousing, gimbal, and drive that are yours for less than I'd sell them to anyone else. If you do sell your new engine, I've also got a nice 530 hp 502EFI to include in the package. Anyone else will have to pay more than you - you've paid enough already.

#3: Free advice (including my post) is usually worth what you pay for it.

Best wishes.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:16 AM
kook

Originally posted by DanL
I'm glad your friend is doing better. Reports from qualified sources, actually my employee who was on the river that day, say that your boat was chine walking up and down the river, most all of the time. Bigger ain't always better. Don't forget, torque is not your friend in a single engine application, especially big cubes.
hmmmm....Sure you weren't mistaken for Friday? I spend that whole day running solo until almost dark (when I met friends of Dave F) - I was walkin' her at first in the chop, then in the flat water as the wind died down. A great learning day, IMHO.

I'd be interested in speaking with your employee. The accident was on my third run up the river that day - wasn't pushing it to the limits near as hard or as long as on Friday. If I WAS doing a lot of chine walking on Saturday, then it must have started feeling second nature and I didn't even know it - that's about all I can make of that.

Old 07-20-2002, 07:19 AM
Miami

kook

It takes a very large human being to be so honest and open as you have been in discussing this situation with us. I am sure we all admire this.

Remember- it is not how often that we fall down, but how often we get up.

my thoughts & prayers are with you and your friend.

Paul

Old 07-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kook,

1st and foremost......Our prayers are with you and your friend for a speedy and full recovery.

2nd....Thanks for telling the board what happened. Your experience has given many OSO members something to think about next time were out and hopefully we all become a little bit more aware. No matter how well prepared you are, accidents can and do happen. I know it isn't easy but please try not to beat yourself up over this.

take care,

Keith

Quick Reply: Kook flipped boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.