Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kook flipped boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28866-kook-flipped-boat.html)

Airpacker 07-16-2002 06:30 PM

Dam Kook,sorry to hear about your situation.Keep the thoughts positive and talk to your buddy when you visit.It doesn't matter what you talk to him about,just talk to him.somewhere in the cloud that is a coma is him,listening to your voice.
Remember,an accident is just that,do not saddle yourself with unwarranted guilt.Just take it one day at a time.Your pal needs strong people to support him now,not someone consumed with wrongful guilt.Think POSITIVE,POSITIVE,POSITIVE.

Cutwater 07-16-2002 06:41 PM

Kook,
I'm real sorry to hear of your accident, and my best wishes go to your friend. As stated by others, stuff happens. I know this is of no value in your position, feeling guilt for an accident is normal, fault or no fault. Give it some time, hang in there, and if you ever need a passenger, I'll ride with you.

Allan4 07-16-2002 06:42 PM

Wow.......boats can be fixed, but the news about your freind makes me sick to my stomach. Glad you are physically okay. Beleive it or not, things really do have a funny way of working out for the best. I hope everyone can learn from this. Kook, keep your head up, someday it will seem like a bad dream. Nice job claiming responsibility and taking this like a man, both at home and here on the board. A4

Turbojack 07-16-2002 07:07 PM

Hope your friend gets better. As was said before S***t happens!. I have had 2 accidents in my life & it is amazing how everthing seems to go in slow motion. Could accident been caused from mech. failure?

RumRunner 07-16-2002 07:32 PM

Mark:

As everyone else has said, I hope your friend makes a full recovery ASAP, and you'll pull through just fine !!!

Tantrum 07-16-2002 07:43 PM

Kook,
My thoughts are with you and your friend.
We are all praying for a fast and full recovery.
Im glad you were able to post the facts before the speculation got out of control. It seems that it is easy for all of us to forget that the sport we love is dangerous. It doesnt take carelessness or alcohol to have an accident. For the people that think that it cant happen to you because you do all the right things please be careful and think again. Pushing closer to the limit is what drives most of us here. Weather its boats, bikes, snowmobiles or airplanes its a thrill that without the risk would most likely not interest us.
Thats enough for me.
Get well.

Bulldog 07-16-2002 07:44 PM

Good Luck to you and your friend Kook!

Ronnie

blue thunder 07-16-2002 07:46 PM

Alright... I know that exact spot all too well. 10 years ago, in front of Jackson Marine (and bayboat) I stood a 19' Thompson staight up at 55 miles an hour off a totally rogue wave. I had my 8 yr old step son with me, and we both dam near **** ourselves. I was holding on to the steering wheel to not fall to the back of the boat. Josh was luckily laying on the floor by then. Worse boating experience of my life. Sold that boat one month later... spent the next 7 years in a cruiser that couldn't reach 35mph off a cliff.
Now I am in a scarab... but a 30'er. I was out all weekend on the Northeast and even spent Saturday at Lloyds creek. You musta missed me Kook. The bay was flat and prime for rompin. Nothing but an occasional rogue wave. This spot in front of Jacksons can be totally deceptive and I can see how what kook said could easily happen. BTDT

Good luck Kook... hope your bro is ok and that we can still meet up this season. You know how to PM if you get the urge.

BT :cool:

Dave F 07-16-2002 08:15 PM

Kook,

First and foremost I'm glad you're ok and I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

I swore I saw you idle into Lloyds Sat afternoon. I called out to you but you didn't hear me.
You and your buddy were both wearing life vests.
I was sitting on my old 24' Formula with it's new owner.

My buddies did say they had been able to chat with you. Because of your problems with Bruce, I of course, knew who you were.

Feel free to call. 302 792 1885

Again my best wishes.
DAVE

Ted G 07-16-2002 08:25 PM

Kook, hope everything turns out alright. Our thoughts and prayers are with your buddy for a speedy recovery. You will get through this and take a huge lesson away in the bargain. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to e-mail.

Good Luck