Notices

Lake Levels in 2013...

Old 12-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n20michael
I am in a bay in the 1000 Islands, St Lawrence River is SCARY low! Lowest I have seen in my lifetime [40years] I had some dredging done a few years ago, and will probably have to do some more, just hope the "rest" of the bay stays deep enough to get out into the river, I am hearing reports of ships running aground ALL the time, and the car ferry that travels between Kingston and the Island we are on has BARELY enough water to run in, I hate to think what the water levels will be like if we get no snow again this year. My neighbour has less than a foot of water in her boathouse and it used to be over my head :-[

Must be the bottling plants taking all the water, Geez, EVERYWHERE else I see on TV is being hit with flooding!!??
You must be on wolfe island. We are right accross the way in cape vincent. 2 weeks ago there was 8" at the end of our dock, its usually 4-5 feet! We better get some snow real quick or we are all done for next year! My brother in law had trouble getting his boat on at the ramp in october and its gone way down since then!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 AM
Registered

YEP!! We are on the South shore of Wolfe Island, straight across from Millens Bay, near the East end of Carlton Island, there is a big red channel marker at the mouth of our Bay (Murry Bay)

Water is CRAZY low! I may do some more dredging, but, it's pointless to dredge in front of my place if the water is too shallow elsewhere to get out to the river. Sure hope we get snow, rain does nothing, we need snow, and LOTS of it!

Cape Vincent is awesome, used to go to Captain Jacks years ago, now we take the ferry at Hornes point and go to the Antique Museum in Clayton, and always go to the French Festival at the Cape, good hearing from ya! Neighbour!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Water levels here on Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron are now at record lows. Was working the other day on Sand Point near Caseville MI, at the end of the point there was over a mile of lake bottom exposed out from the normal waters edge. Took a pic but didn't download to the laptop yet. Praying for some heavy snows in the north this year.
Here you go Eric...
Attached Thumbnails Lake Levels in 2013...-458837_4137566598915_770923325_o.jpg  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
Here you go Eric...

That is seriously scary...
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Here you go Eric...
WOW !
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy low...

That's what's good about the ocean. It might rot my motor until it looks like a crack heads teeth......but at least the water levels are consistent.....some of the time.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
YEP!! We are on the South shore of Wolfe Island, straight across from Millens Bay, near the East end of Carlton Island, there is a big red channel marker at the mouth of our Bay (Murry Bay)

Water is CRAZY low! I may do some more dredging, but, it's pointless to dredge in front of my place if the water is too shallow elsewhere to get out to the river. Sure hope we get snow, rain does nothing, we need snow, and LOTS of it!

Cape Vincent is awesome, used to go to Captain Jacks years ago, now we take the ferry at Hornes point and go to the Antique Museum in Clayton, and always go to the French Festival at the Cape, good hearing from ya! Neighbour!
Too bad most of the snow in the GL region is lake effect, formed by the evaporation of water from the lakes....not sure how that is going to help
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I will agree, the water level in the NE has been bad the second half of '12, but let us not forget that in the spring of 2011 they had many local lakes and canals closed because the water level was too HIGH!

The SE and middle the of the country is a different story, some of you are approaching a decade of drought....which makes us in the NE complaining about the second half of our '12 season seem petty
Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Water levels here on Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron are now at record lows. Was working the other day on Sand Point near Caseville MI, at the end of the point there was over a mile of lake bottom exposed out from the normal waters edge. Took a pic but didn't download to the laptop yet. Praying for some heavy snows in the north this year.
We need a hard freeze on the big lakes with snow on top other wise everything evaporates and goes elsewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.