Notices

Please give me 250k

Old 12-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

I once had a multiple Apache owner tell me he has "seen many 47's turn a rich man into a poor man!" He has a couple 41's and a 47 but doesn't seem to run the 47 much and no this guy wasn't Chris Sunkin!

To put this in perspective for the cost of any new 39-42 ft Nortech, Cig or OL.......You could buy this 47, the 41 "The Chief" and the 36 Bull Roar! 3 Apaches for the price of one new boat.......124 ft, 7 engines making 7000 horsepower!
That would be the ultimate "3 pack" of Apaches!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I climbed all over this boat at tommys and it is bad ass for sure. Newest technology in a classic apache is pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Broken Arrow is SICK! and one of the meanest sounding boats I have heard. A lot of boat for that price.

Side note..... How is "Bull Roar" still for sale. Granted I don't have the coin to pick it up but it has been listed for some time now. That boat is in my top 10 of favs ever. Everything on it is done so beautifuly
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0

Side note..... How is "Bull Roar" still for sale. Granted I don't have the coin to pick it up but it has been listed for some time now. That boat is in my top 10 of favs ever. Everything on it is done so beautifuly
Not sure but that is easily the best maintained Apache of any size. That boat was a tender on this yacht (also for sale):
http://www.superyachttimes.com/edito...rticle/id/8291

Owner had several go fasts over the years and maintained everything to perfection. Donald Flynn died last year at the age of 72.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I once had a multiple Apache owner tell me he has "seen many 47's turn a rich man into a poor man!" He has a couple 41's and a 47 but doesn't seem to run the 47 much and no this guy wasn't Chris Sunkin!

To put this in perspective for the cost of any new 39-42 ft Nortech, Cig or OL.......You could buy this 47, the 41 "The Chief" and the 36 Bull Roar! 3 Apaches for the price of one new boat.......124 ft, 7 engines making 7000 horsepower!
That would be the ultimate "3 pack" of Apaches!
About 5-6 years ago I visited McManus in Ft Myers at Christmas. He had a triple 47 in the back and I casually asked him what the estimated "maintenance costs" per year were. He said about $ 150k-plus per year average to keep up the engines, drives, interior, etc. That does not include fuel, insurance etc.

When I get those 6 powerball numbers in my head I 'll be back down there...

Wannabe

Last edited by wannabe; 12-14-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
About 5-6 years ago I visited McManus in Ft Myers at Christmas. He had a triple 47 in the back and I casually asked him what the estimated "maintenance costs" per year were. He said about $ 150k-plus per year average to keep up the engines, drives, interior, etc. That does not include fuel, insurance etc.

When I get those 6 powerball numbers in my head I 'll be back down there...

Wannabe
You're getting a$$ raped if it cost you that much in maintenance. It might cost that much to own the boat and operate it. And at that number im talking poker runs, insurance, transportation, marina bills, fuel bills, misc repairs, etc.....

There is no need to be paying someone to do mindless work on the boat like engine/drive oil changes, spark plugs, checking the lash, checking compression, check tranny fluid, etc.....stuff like that can most likely save you over $15k a year. Also, to do that kind of stuff you do not have to be the least bit mechanically inclined and I am willing to bet that if you are smart enough to make the money to buy a boat like this, you can learn how to gap a spark plug.

Last edited by 302Sport; 12-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Not sure but that is easily the best maintained Apache of any size. That boat was a tender on this yacht (also for sale):
http://www.superyachttimes.com/edito...rticle/id/8291

Owner had several go fasts over the years and maintained everything to perfection. Donald Flynn died last year at the age of 72.

Did not know that and what a hell of a tender that is.

If anything it makes me wonder even more why this beauty is still listed. one of those "if I could I would" so bad right now. Very about that owner however. He had a beautiful collection from the looks.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
You're getting a$$ raped if it cost you that much in maintenance. It might cost that much to own the boat and operate it. And at that number im talking poker runs, insurance, transportation, marina bills, fuel bills, misc repairs, etc.....
Costs of rebuilding 3 1200 hp engines, 3 drives, every 150 hours is not cheap. Not trying to start a fight. Just remember these are HIGH MAINTENANCE boats.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Costs of rebuilding 3 1200 hp engines, 3 drives, every 150 hours is not cheap. Not trying to start a fight. Just remember these are HIGH MAINTENANCE boats.
I agree 100 percent but when you do the math it is not that bad. Most people who own a boat with some kind of big power, also have a center console or cruiser that they use as their main boat. These boats are like exotic cars and if you use a boat like this as your every weekend boat, then yes it will cost you a fortune, but in reality nobody does. Look at these two for example:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48316-en.html 100 hours divided by 23 years old = 4.3 hours of use per year.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48146-en.html 221 hours divided by 26 years old = 8.5 hours of use per year.

Now that I think about it, when is the last time you saw a big power #6 boat with more than a couple hundred hours on it?????

Last edited by 302Sport; 12-14-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport

There is no need to be paying someone to do mindless work on the boat like engine/drive oil changes, spark plugs, checking the lash, checking compression, check tranny fluid, etc.....stuff like that can most likely save you over $15k a year. Also, to do that kind of stuff you do not have to be the least bit mechanically inclined and I am willing to bet that if you are smart enough to make the money to buy a boat like this, you can learn how to gap a spark plug.

100% the owner of a boat like this ain't doin shxt. The owner is smart enough to know he's not smart enough to work on a 80k motor. If he was smart enough he wouldn't be spending the money to buy a boat like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.