Notices

Svl 2013

Old 12-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F1-00
We are trying to look to the future, l thnk the futhure is around the corner. l have spoke to 4-5 builders that are fnally show interest in the class and also motor builders. But as we all know it the racers that
will make or break the class they always do, and pretty good at kill a class.

That is one of the main reason the new Superboat class will do so well, because of the support from motor builders and boat builder that have jumped in to help grow the class. There were 6 SuperBoat running in KW with 4 different motor builders, and 3-4 dfferent boat bulders represented. This is a receipt for sucess, so we are going to try and do the samething in the SV class. The days of building a class around one engine manufacturer and one boat builder is history that was tried 10 yrs ago. Sometime you have to learn to let go of the past, and move forward.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

It all sound good. Let me know when you find a bunch of guy's that are willing to spend over $200k on a SVL. Then add the cost of a motor program,drive,prop and lets not forget hours and hours of test and R&D.
On the other hand there are 15-20 existing SVL's that with proven reliable spec power (Merc 525) are all very competitive and most are not worth more than $60K. Which class do you think has the best potential for growth??? Time will tell.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Registered

Racing isnt cheap no one every said that, but not as much as u think.
You talk about price of a motor program a lot less then giving Merc $12,000 and l'm not sure for what ?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
bwd
Registered

As an variable outsider lookin in I was under the impression that the reason why SVL was growing so well was that there were so many very good boats out there, ex A-boats or some a bit newer that someone could buy, rig or rerig and go racing competively for relatively short money. I would have gone that way myself it it wasn't for wanting a weekend boat as well.
Most of the drivers and owners that I've met are workin guys who come from p classes and various open boats . Are they going to go out and spend that kind of dough ,200k plus as Typhoon says, on a new rig? I wouldn't. How many are out there that would? I know people that are trying to sell brand new boats for what they have in resin costs and not succeeding .
To all you SVL guys, keep doin what your doing cause its fun to watch. If it were me in a 30 svl and I had 6-9 other buddies I ran with deck to deck all the time I would want to keep a mongrle boat out. If that same boat came up with 4 others then start a new class. BTW what happened with the prop dyno thing I remembered hearing about last spring?
Brian
Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

lf you know of 20 active SVL that ARE racing?? l dont know where they are.

lf SVL program now is all that you say and as cheap as u say and doesnt need change how come there wasnt more then 6 boats at any one race this yr??
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

The Bandit 310 was $40,00 plus motor, drive, rigging and doesnt fit in your program so how is that $200,000 ??? Not really sure what you are talking about but scare tactic usually work. Please do your research before you just throught number out there. Do you know what you acn buy a 32 Extreme twin step boat ? lts not fair to do that to a racer
that may be looking at the class and doesnt know any better and think that it really would coat that much to by a new boat.

l guess my question to you is, anyone that wants to buy a new boat or a boat has to buy a 10 yr old boat to race SVL?

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 12-16-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Not to beat this to death again but I may need to hear this again slower. Do we all agree that we all have to start with a stock Merc 525 (arox 565 HP). I put it in boat and race it for at least 3 years with no maintance other than oil changes. I can even race the same motor for as much as 4-5 years (100 hours) with just possably a valve spring change only. At some time I may want to refresh my motor and Merc will do a complete rebuild including new heads and dyno for aprox 12K. And they give me my old heads and parts back.
Your way is take a stock 525 and tear it down,punch it out 30 over,raise the compression and modify the ECM with unlimitted timing,rpm and what ever other paramitors you want. A HP range on this new motor is aprox 625-675. The drive needs to handel the extra HP and torque and I would have to think the extra RPM and HP would mean more rebuilds and reliability issues.
Please break it down for me on how this is better value and how this is not as much as u think??
Im not looking for an argument just something I must be missing. You are as passionate as I am so trust me I do listen to your view points.
Randy
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

We can beat this to death you r right so for now l'll let it go. One quick clarification so we agaln dont glve anyone the wrong ldea. The motors turn up 5600-5700 RPM at max HP, so turning them up any high is a dls advantage less HP, and pretty much ever motor that l have seen ls between 610-630. The drive are not an lssue at all and rebuilds on the motors are every 2 yrs, hope that answer some of the confuslon.

You are welcome to see the dyno sheets anytime if you r really intrerested.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 12-16-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is, why not just run a stock motor? Everyone has the same exact motor. Period. Similar to factory racing. Different hulls and teams make the difference. Leave the motor out of. Take that piece of the puzzle out of the equation. Factory racing was huge. The F1 and F2 classes brought more teams to a venue than most races have all together now.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

The many reason is they cant be teched, and you cant ck the RPM same as the Factory day when teams were runnng hot motor now its a even playing feild,there are some many merc seals out there how can that possble work. lts a free pass wlth seals once there sealed everone thlnk well he has to be legal WRONG you know that, how many teams got caught with sealed motors? The other thing is to get away from being locked to one motor builder that can fx a price to what ever they want. When Merc was helping the racers yrs ago that helped some but now theres no advantage. There are tons of motor builder out there that can build the same motor as good or better for way less money and some support this would keep the cost down a lot, and they need the business.

Last l heard to get your motor sealed at Merc lf lt needed lt or not you had to get a rebulld to go on the dyno to get sealed , and that ended up beng $10,000- $12,000 not lke the old days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.