Notices

Svl 2013

Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
My boat is for sale! Can't deal with this $hit any more. Time for a change.
+1 welcome to the club
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

just curious

Why is it that a non-equipment owner is representing and making decisions about rules in the class? back in the day, you had to be an owner to contribute to the class rules?

You think its bad now...wait till Smitty comes out with his cheater motor...
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I love this Class. Makes just want to run out and buy another raceboat.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Bracket em at 90 and let em fly.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Not to beat this to death again but I may need to hear this again slower. Do we all agree that we all have to start with a stock Merc 525 (arox 565 HP). I put it in boat and race it for at least 3 years with no maintance other than oil changes.
Randy
Oh please you wont even do the oil changes
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Maybe its as simple then as just changing the name of the class then. I would be ok with going back to Factory 1 if its something thats not going to start old trade mark issues. If so then we can possably come up with something differant. I believe Steve M. suggested this 3 years ago when the Fountain came out.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy,

I am being polite in this request and yes the reasons are 110% selfish, but please dont use "Factory1". I am pretty sure, havent researched it, that the TM has expired for the phrase, but my reasoning is as follows: 1) on the MSO for my boat it lists the model of my boat as "Fever Factory 1" and I am sure that a few other manufactures included that term as their model as well...2) After our unsuccessful attempts at bringing F1 back (30 ft and under single, Open) I even considered changing my screen name as we were never able to recover from the damage that Mercury caused back in 2002, but decided to leave it alone as the screen name was/is my identity and I am definitely not one to hide behind a screen name.

Name change is great, I even suggested it earlier in this thread to you, but do you want every time I post to be a reflection of your new class name?

Trent
Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Default Stay On Topic

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Randy,

I am being polite in this request and yes the reasons are 110% selfish, but please dont use "Factory1". I am pretty sure, havent researched it, that the TM has expired for the phrase, but my reasoning is as follows: 1) on the MSO for my boat it lists the model of my boat as "Fever Factory 1" and I am sure that a few other manufactures included that term as their model as well...2) After our unsuccessful attempts at bringing F1 back (30 ft and under single, Open) I even considered changing my screen name as we were never able to recover from the damage that Mercury caused back in 2002, but decided to leave it alone as the screen name was/is my identity and I am definitely not one to hide behind a screen name.

Name change is great, I even suggested it earlier in this thread to you, but do you want every time I post to be a reflection of your new class name?

Trent
Dude... Are u on meds?? You're gonna bash the guy, then "politely" request?? Not sure what issues you guys have with each other and I sure as hell don't wanna get in the middle, but I can't read this crap and not put in my .02.. You seem to lose sight of what Randy is trying to get across, and I AM NOT speaking for Randy, but put the personal BS aside. SBI and OPA have different rules!! That's all. If boats want to race competiitvely in each Organization there have to be some adjustments..

I have only been in this game for a short period of time, but I have gotten to see 1st hand what the differences are between the 2 organizations in this class. What drew me to this class is close competition. It's about the team and the set up. Not having to worry about whether the other guy is running a hot motor, whatever. The boats are paired equally in their class respectively for their org.

Look at OPA this past year in SVL. You had 3 boats with new factory sealed motors from Merc: Pirates, Octane, and TUG IT.. Typhoon and Wild Ride had factory sealed 525's from Merc w/ roughly 3 seasons on them. Absolutely Not has a 525 and not sure of the history there, but all boats were competitive during the season and NO 1 TEAM Dominated.. In my opinion it was awesome! Every time we went out to race you really didn't know who was gonna win, everybody had a shot. Octane had a couple wins, Pirate had a couple wins, Wild Ride in OC, Tug It hung in for a 2nd in Solomons, Typhoon was runnin 2nd or 3rd every race.. After running with all of these guys for the season I know in my heart that nobody was messing with the motors. We all ran stock 525's from Merc.

Now I'm sure that what I'm about to say will be ripped apart, and I'm not pointing fingers or laying blame anywhere, but F*** it, this is the way it went. We all went to the Worlds in Jupiter and were running against a couple of SBI boats along with some of the normal crew from OPA.. The 2 SBI boats ran awesome. These are some great guys with some great boats who followed OPA's rules to a "T".. They ran very tight with each other, pretty much leaving the rest of the field in the dust (so to speak). These boats are running a little over 600 hp from what I'm told. The only other boat that could really keep within striking distance was Buccaneer Pawn who runs an OPA legal motor.. Even they were trailing behind a pretty good distance by the end of the races. Pirates and Typhoon stayed pretty tight the whole weekend and Tug It had mechanical problems all weekend bringing up the rear.
Now, again this is just my opinion from what I've seen this year, but how can 2 boats from SBI totally dominate these races against a class that had been running so tight with each other the rest of the season??? Seems like that little bit of extra Horsepower makes a difference to me.. Now I know that there are always many other contributing factors in how a race turns out, but you can't tell me that there isn't a difference in how these engines perform in basically the same boats between the 2 organizations after what I saw this season.. If so, I guess I need to go on some Meds too..

My point to all this Sh*t is: To anybody out there who is looking to get into this class, don't let all this crap make you shy away.. This is an AWESOME class with great people and it is FUN AS HELL!! There is probably nothing wrong w/ SBI rules if u wanna run just SBI.. There is some stuff in OPA's rules that are being adressed now that make it fine if you just wanna run OPA.. But until there is a happy medium between the 2 organizations, or someone much smarter than me comes up with a solution, there's always gonna be BS no matter what class ur in.. For now, I know I'm hangin in there BECAUSE it is fun.. That's kinda the point rite?

Later. Kev
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

It could be an awesome class but it is not.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So who exactly on this thread actually owns a SVL race boat? Please stand up and be counted. Go ahead and state which boat you own.

For the record, I owned and raced a 30' Phantom, and raced as Equalizer in A-Class and SVL in '99, '00 and '01. That gives me no right to dictate class rules.....but if you have never owned, do not own, and have no intention of owning an SVL boat, then your opinion/rants do not matter.

It's not complicated. Randy's opinion (this is his thread) carries more weight in these discussions in my opinion. Randy and I have a long history of disagreeing on things, but I respect him. He has seen what worked and what didn't over the last ten years.

So, who owns what, and who are the want-to-be's in this class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.