Notices

Svl 2013

Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Svl 2013

Sounds like some new manufactures are looking at the SVL class. I do have one concern looking at the rules of all the orgs. The total length of a SVL is differant in the orgs.
OPA 30'
OSS/APBA 30'
SBI 32'
Being that there are no current SVL boats over the 30' why would there be a reason to have a 32' length in SBI? Can you imagine if a builder shows up with a 32' boat in SVL. These are called class killers. History has proven this over and over. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like current svl owners who make up the class need to make a decesion before that happens

Mike
Old 12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe the new boats are not being made for OPA? A possible solution would be to rename your class, "A class" cause well, isnt that what you guys boats were made for in reality?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

If my memory serves me correct the original max length for SVL was 32 if I recall. I could be wrong but remember seeing that in a rule book years back. I think it was APBA LLC's rule book. Miklos I am sure could clarify that. What companies are building new boats???
Old 12-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
If my memory serves me correct the original max length for SVL was 32 if I recall. I could be wrong but remember seeing that in a rule book years back. I think it was APBA LLC's rule book. Miklos I am sure could clarify that. What companies are building new boats???
I am pretty sure you are right DPT, but as all classes in offshore(no matter the letters on the flag that flies over them) have proven over history, they made the rules self serving in order to protect their own assets instead of thinking of the possibility of new technology and/or future growth
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

SBl rules have alway been 32ft. wth the new boats that are beng built it opens the class up to new manufactures. SBl is also looking at class name change not to confuse the fans with 2 different SVL's.
As l said in another post we are looking at different motor options for the futhure.

You cant design a class with rules for one type boat design.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

If they do build new boats at 32' then it should be a NEW class all together IMO. Length is KING. My guess is that in years past most didnt think you could build a boat 32' at current weight 4750 lbs. New materials now allow it to happen.
PS: I started this in the wrong section. If someone wants to move it to the racing section I understand. Sorry
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Nothing has changed it was always 32ft l think some changed were made receptly to design the class to certain boats.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

l beleive the new Bandit 310 is a 31ft and fits in the SBl rules.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
If they do build new boats at 32' then it should be a NEW class all together IMO. Length is KING. My guess is that in years past most didnt think you could build a boat 32' at current weight 4750 lbs. New materials now allow it to happen.
PS: I started this in the wrong section. If someone wants to move it to the racing section I understand. Sorry
Not necessarily, your old A boats were constructed to hold up to 900 hp and withstand the rigors of those speeds and power.

Xtreme, I stand corrected and apologize... I was wrong when I said no matter the letters on the flag. You guys did make your rules to promote technology and future growth. What popped into my mind was the one race wonder organization and how the 850/750 leader got 5 votes when everyone else had 1, SCL was custom taylored by that rep and killed that class, and some guy became self serving in SVL and killed the class to 3 boats total, down from 10......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.