Notices

LED Lights

Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
You can buy it in rolls for much less and cut it to the length you want. 5 meters of 5050 is less than $20 on Ebay.
How is the quality? I love eBay for certain things but when it comes to anything lighting, a lot of stuff on there is complete junk
Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
How is the quality? I love eBay for certain things but when it comes to anything lighting, a lot of stuff on there is complete junk
From what I can see it, is the same stuff that you buy at the Auto parts store. It's just alot cheaper. Have not installed any of it yet. But I have been tinkering with it. A 7' piece I stuck to a plastic trim is still stuck, and has not broken or anything.

If I can find out what control US1 Fountain is using, I am going to do some reall intresting stuff with this.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would love to get a music controller for mine! Where do you get that? Link?

I also bought a bunch of these on Ebay and have been super impressed. dont know who they sell them that cheap.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i get mine on amazon, lights and music controllers, the lights only last me a year getting exposed to salt and hosed down every week but the controller still works fine. They are so cheap it easy just to replace them once a year.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I found the control that was talked about on OSO before. This company has several differnt controls.

http://www.oznium.com/led-controllers

Also looking at the ones on Ebay to see if any of them will do what I want to do. But I am looking for a control that will be pretty programable.If you just want one to flash the lights to the music I think several of the ones on Ebay will do the trick.

This is the thread where these controls were talked about before.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ntrollers.html

Just trying to get all this info in one spot.

Last edited by Nightlife1970; 01-04-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

i have the first two that are on the page they both work awesome the lights change colors with the music.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ic%2Caps%2C192
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
The only thing that seems cheaper is the wire connections... I used some dialectic grease and heat shrink over the connections, in stock form seems if they get pulled they will come apart, I secured mine.... we`ll see how they hold up

I take that back the 3M backing is nowhere as good as the more expensive ones. Home Depot and other box stores sell the 3M double sided foam tape, 150' for $15. I used that instead.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

the 3m tape that comes with the light sticks fine, but it seems like it lets the moisture get to the back of the strips, I am going to try the foam tape this time also.