Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Notices

Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Chuck, are you aware that OCM also has a showroom in Lake Havasu City, AZ. There doesn't seem to be much activity there, but there are usually a couple of nice boats on the floor there.
I know of the location but I don't know what is being displayed there.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

chuck,i know its pearsonal preference,and cc boats seem to be the thing right now but man,i could have never gave up that beautyful nor-tec for it,but thats just me.i hope you get your new boat soon,once again,good luck.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach
chuck,i know its pearsonal preference,and cc boats seem to be the thing right now but man,i could have never gave up that beautyful nor-tec for it,but thats just me.i hope you get your new boat soon,once again,good luck.
In no way do I think I will like it more but I will use it much more and it is more family friendly than a big cat.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Registered

Chuck...........Is this you ???

I will assume for a moment that the "other issue" you first spoke of in your original post is what Im seeing on the internet.

Not that it changes anything with respect to your deal with OCM, the timing of the transfer of the boat originally raises at least one of my eye brows as to your intentions.

As has been mentioned already, there are two sides to every story.

http://www.wcax.com/story/14922372/2...zlement-scheme

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news...car-dealership

Yes. I do live in Oregon and in the Portland area. I know Tim and have done business with him for service and repair of my boat. I know nothing of your boat as my first encounter with him appear to have happened after the boat was delivered and later sold by OCM so I dont have any dog in this fight but do have some curiosity none the less.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind.....

Last edited by High Cetane; 12-21-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 825 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by High Cetane
Am I to understand after reading this entire ordeal, that a dishonest car dealer was had by a dishonest boat dealer ?
Jesus, Mary & Joesephine I've seen it all.
I just looked at them links and spit out my coffee, this is just became 10X more interesting!!!!
HAD AN AFFAIR

"Perry did not act alone in committing her crimes.

Charles Allen, 42, of Saratoga, who owns ACR Motors, pleaded guilty in August to working with Perry to illegally procure 24 cars worth $136,150. He and his salesman Richard Bashant, 36, of Queensbury altered documents to defraud Garvey.

Bashant, with whom Perry was having an affair at the time, worked with her and Allen to illegally obtain the cars from Garvey Hyundai and sell them for profit to an auto-auction firm.

He appeared in court Sept. 20, 2011, and was sentenced to one year in County Jail based on fourth-degree-conspiracy and petit-larceny convictions, Blatchley said in a press conference following Perry’s sentencing.

But Bashant’s jail sentence was conditionally discharged after he made a restitution payment of $19,733, provided a DNA sample, payed a DNA fee and completed of 100 hours of community service.

RESTITUTION

The sentence for Allen, who is scheduled to appear in Clinton County Court on Dec. 4, will be based on how much of the remaining $116,417 he is able to repay by that date.

“It is expected he will appear in court with a check for that amount,” Blatchley said.

Both Blatchley and New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Investigator Larry Cragle agreed that the many hours spent building and prosecuting the case took a toll on the Garvey family.

“It took a lot longer than anyone would have hoped, but the outcome is good,” Cragle said.

Sean Garvey did not offer a statement at the press conference, but Blatchley said he was extremely relieved.

“He can start to put all of this behind him,” he said"
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 825 Likes on 378 Posts

Another NY state court case like the card shark, you can be part of a conspiracy that stole 1,000,000 PLUS dollars worth of cars/cash/fraud and they nail you DIRECTLY with proof of 136,000 worth of it and only a year in jail and that gets suspended if you pay a fine, what a crooked, sleazy court system!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:50 AM
Registered

Unfreakingbelievable.......wholly hell
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is Chuck I bet this thread will be
"Gone in 60 Seconds"
Old 12-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Like I said in the very first post I will address that case in a seperate post but since it was brought up here let me just lay out a couple of facts and people can draw their own conclusions. Those who know me on this board and those who are local and have more knowledge of this case know a great deal more than what you read in the paper, but here are some of the facts.

The thefts that involved MY company started in April of 2009.

April of 2009 is the month that Richard Bashant started working for my company.

Richard Bashant was having an affair with the office manager Julie Perry who had been stealing from the dealership for over five years.

I personally, nor had my company ever done business with Garvey Hyundai prior to Mr Bashant coming to work for me.

18 of the 24 cars stolen were sold to dealers that my company has never done business with prior to Rich Bashant working for me.

There has never been a phone call from my office or my cell phone to the dealership or Julie Perry.

I have in my possesion for anybody who would like to hear them the cd of Investigator Kragel interviewing Julie Perry concerning my involvement with this mess. At this point, March of 2011 ( Julie Perry was arrested in Dec2010), Julie was cooperating in hopes to reduce her future sentence. In other words she had no reason to lie. Julie states that it was not something that I was involved in, and that she does not even know me. She states that she and Rich were the only ones involved.

I cooperated fully with the police and provided any and all documents that they asked for up until the time of my trial. Documents that would have been part of my defense and I was under no obligation to provide.

I personally did not buy any of the cars in question.

I never physically picked up any titles from Garvey Hyundai.

These facts are just a short part of the story,but they are facts that can't be disputed, Not by ADA Blatchley or Investigator Kragel. Although this case is over for me personally, the overall case is far from over. I will post the news articles myself on future updates concerning my company and Richard Bashant.

Now I know that this all makes for a great story but doesn't change my situation with OCM in anyway. Please keep this thread on topic and if someone feels the need to ask any questions concerning the other subject please start another thread if you need, or send me a pm and I will gladly answer any question. Thanks

Last edited by Chuck; 12-21-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.