Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Notices

Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Anymore detail? Is the boat being caught up in Frisini's issue with the molds? Or he wants more than what was aggreed upon?
I'm gonna hold off for a few more days. Sorry
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Moderators, please delete or at the minimum close and lock this thread. thank you.

Last edited by Chuck; 04-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey bud
Call me
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 AM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

Good luck Chuck...IBTL
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
So why not close this thread and start a new "Factory won't give me my new boat" thread, especially if OCM is willing to help? The title of the current one bashes OCM, and it sounds like they've delivered on their end.
I obviously don't know any of the details related to this transaction but lets face it if you entered into a contract to purchase a new boat through an authorized dealer who helped negotiate/facilitate the transaction I would think that they would remain a responsible party until all the terms of the agreement have been fulfilled regardless of where the problem lies.

If I order a new BMW from my local dealer & BMW Germany never builds it or ships it I'll be dealing w/ the people I inked the transaction or both. Neither party will be obsolved until I received what I was entitled to regardless of who is at fault.

Until one of the involved parties is really willing to spill the beans from A-Z I don't think it really matters what the thread is called or who's at fault, it will just be recognized as a buyer beware of a fellow boaters bad experience. Beating around the bush on a forum w/o fully exposing the guilty party w/ the hopes the thread will get you what you want isn't effective & I think that this thread is a perfect example of such. It appears Chuck is trying to balance getting the boat he rightfully deserves via the power of bad press but not too much bad press b/c he still hopeful that he'll receive his boat.

I don't know Chuck & I hate it for him b/c I've been there myself but I also took a much more aggressive & proactive approach towards resolving it. I agree w/ those who suggested taking the boat when it was 80-90% complete b/c at least he'd have something to show for his trade & $$ invested. I did & I prevailed including having the remaining 10% completed by the factory at No Charge to me within 30 days!

This is a business transaction & you can't allow the friendships & relationships, laughs & good times that may have occurred during the process to interfere w/ ones ultimate goal & that is to receive the finished product that all parties agreed to at some point. Introducing emotion & the excitement of the progress seen by posting pics only reduces ones ability to remain focused on what was agreed to originally. Once the circle of trust has been broken I believe you have to keep it strictly business & start making decisions based on facts & experience to date keeping in mind that actions speak louder than words. I'm not saying that one shouldn't give another a 2nd chance to rectify the circumstance but that should be 1 chance!! 1st time it's shame on them, 2nd time it's shame on you!

Just My $.02

I hope that it works out in everybodies best interest!

Last edited by NASCAT; 04-18-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what i dont understand on this specially this type of money why werent checks on the table to pay off old loans and such before keys and titles were handed over? I know people do this a lot with cars but the money is usually subtantially less, but at least you have collateral in a new car.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry late to the situation I see progess has been made. But I still dont see handing over 6 figure assets without protecting myself with something
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I know in some cases especially when there's a trade against a new purchase which involves some lead time the seller will encourage the buyer to make their trade available to them immediately so they can take advantage of the market & opportunity to sell it now etc. I've done something similar but I've always maintained the title or MSO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.