Any good wax sold locally? >

Any good wax sold locally?

Notices

Any good wax sold locally?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any good wax sold locally?

I want to wax my new to me velocity tomorrow and west marine is closed so wanted to know if there are decent waxes that can be bought from autozone, pep boys, advanced etc.

Also what type of pad? I have a 7" high speed with a couple wool covers.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know most guys will swear by other brands, but I use Nu-finish. Can be bought at any Walmart. It is not really a wax. It is the only product I have ever used that lasts and actually keeps the parts of the hull that are under water from turning strange colors from whatever water you run in. I also believe there was an article long ago in Powerboat that interviewed a well known boat detailer and he was the one that said Nu-finish was the best in his experience.

Smitty
Old 12-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I have seem that brand. I might try it.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Gel coat i assume?

Wet sand 2000 grit.

Buff with Presta super cut compound

Protect with collinite fleetwax

Just waxing will not give you enough results

Once brought back to life waxing once or twice a year will protect and maintain shine
Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Try

Eagle One NANO Wax , you wont need anything again. I use it on my boats/trucks it's amazing.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Mother's Synthetic.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

My favorite, without question. http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ech-waxreg-20/

I agree with offshoreex, if you have oxidation the waxing will help but will not be uniform or have an optimal shine.

You should not use a high speed 7" and a wool pad for waxing! In fact, you should not use wool at all if you are a novice at buffing.

You can use a soft finshing foam pad on the lowith a west setting of the buffing to apply the liquid wax, but still I would not recommend it.

If you are looking for a safe way to do a light cut, light a machine glaze, then apply and remove wax machine you want this http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-kit.html but I doubt you will find it local. One of my favorite tools by far.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
I know most guys will swear by other brands, but I use Nu-finish. Can be bought at any Walmart. It is not really a wax. It is the only product I have ever used that lasts and actually keeps the parts of the hull that are under water from turning strange colors from whatever water you run in. I also believe there was an article long ago in Powerboat that interviewed a well known boat detailer and he was the one that said Nu-finish was the best in his experience.

Smitty
Thanks Smitty. I'm going to try this on a spot to see how it works on the bottom of my boat. Artie
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

X2 on the Collinite Fleet wax! Stuff is Awesome
Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x3 on the Collinite Fleet wax! Only do a small section at a time, it is very hard to get off if it is on too long! This stuff lasts the longest, the one for cars is actually called permanent wax and still beads up after 8-10 months! I think advance auto parts sells collinite. For the boat make sure you get the paste fleet wax. They also make a fiberglass cleaner that works well to remove light oxidation or stains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.