Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile? >

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Notices

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

I will be the first to admit that I am far from Politically Correct but there is a difference in what you state and how you state it. You don't have to be PC to be civil to one another. I notice it out in the world too but I live in a small town in NE Georgia, grew up in Texas and spent my whole life in the south. I was taught to open doors for people and say hello as we passed. Where I live we still do that. Now it seems like people go out of their way to be insulting and demeaning and I for one am tired of it. just because there is a keyboard between you and the world does not mean you should talk to people any different than you would face to face. I get the feeling all the technology (email, texts, etc.) have failed to teach people to actually communicate. I will get off my soapbox now as I am going to visit people and actually talk face to face with them.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or what ever you chose to celebrate I wish you and yours a happy holiday.
steve schmidt
Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Merry X-Mas and Happy New year to all
Old 12-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti d head

The way I self edit is......
If my wife, coworkers, or non boating friends logged onto this site.
Would I be embarrassed by my posts????
A lot of guys on here are total dinks and have alter egos behind the keyboard....
Then some of them are just dinks regardless of their surroundings!!!! Haha

Most are cool !!!

MD
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Merry Christmas

Mery Christmas everyone!...........................Robertjr...... ......................
Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink hostility

Merry Christmas to all on this site and a happy New Year.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by velocitoy
...most people suck..but Merry X-Mas to you anyways...
YUUUP!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
so here it is two days to Christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. there are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and I for one am tired of it. people ask questions and get insults. people ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning I am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. in a few days I personally am going to reflect on if I want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.
Not only on here.

http://youtu.be/b7VXwnyAvp8
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

So glad somebody posted about people in general. Where the heck has Christmas gone? I dont know about any of you but I am really sick of people saying "Happy Holidays". So many cultures and ethnicities celebrate Christmas that it is ridiculous. Heck, half my Jew friends in Boca celebrate Christmas too... just because its fun.

Some old dude in front of me at the bank said this on Friday:
Teller: "Happy Holidays!"
Old Dude: "You can say Merry Christmas, its OK"
Teller: "Sorry its policy"
Old Dude: "Tell your manager Jesus came first, anyway, its not about religion. Its a holiday. You are still allowed to say happy Labor Day if you arent a Veteran aint ya?"

I laughed and said "good job buddy!". I made a deposit, got in my car and drove away. The whole time every song said Christmas:
Band Aid with Bono, Boy George... crap just about everybody sang in it "Do They Know It's Christmas Time At All"
Bing Crosby sang "White Christmas"
John Lennon sang "Happy Christmas"

Thats why people are grumpy, they dont have anything to believe in anymore.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
So glad somebody posted about people in general. Where the heck has Christmas gone? I dont know about any of you but I am really sick of people saying "Happy Holidays". So many cultures and ethnicities celebrate Christmas that it is ridiculous. Heck, half my Jew friends in Boca celebrate Christmas too... just because its fun.

Some old dude in front of me at the bank said this on Friday:
Teller: "Happy Holidays!"
Old Dude: "You can say Merry Christmas, its OK"
Teller: "Sorry its policy"
Old Dude: "Tell your manager Jesus came first, anyway, its not about religion. Its a holiday. You are still allowed to say happy Labor Day if you arent a Veteran aint ya?"

I laughed and said "good job buddy!". I made a deposit, got in my car and drove away. The whole time every song said Christmas:
Band Aid with Bono, Boy George... crap just about everybody sang in it "Do They Know It's Christmas Time At All"
Bing Crosby sang "White Christmas"
John Lennon sang "Happy Christmas"

Thats why people are grumpy, they dont have anything to believe in anymore.
That last statement is why we are in such a world of chit . All we can do is fight evil with good . Merry Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.