Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
best single engine cat? bang for buck? >

best single engine cat? bang for buck?

Notices

best single engine cat? bang for buck?

Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With your budget( might be like 5k difference give or take ), i would look at the 30 Spectre. Awesome boat, runs good in the rough water (for what it is) good looking lines and and named brand....Good luck with your search
Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Wow great boat only problem i have 30gs tops
go get another BUS, and subcontract it to rob. save and buy a 30 spectre.

meanwhile stop down in naples and i'll take u for a ride in the 32.

you could let lauer jr be the tour guide..............
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

with a 30g budget go with an AO.....the best bang for the buck....on certain days yes you will not be able to go out or it will be rough but when the conditions are right look out that boat will straight roll out! IMO most 30k boats will be rough on certain days b/c it is what it is.....the boat doesn't porpoise and is well balanced....IMO i would not run under true 600hp at the prop....super fun boat and a blast to drive.....handles great!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tahoerick
not bad, but the add leaves out the year and its a bravo drive. But, cheap!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered

Default That gave me goose bumps

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
The best bang for you buck IMO is an American Offshore 2600. I have had two and you cant find a better 100mph boat for the price of an AO. They are not built cheap and are priced at what a boat this size should be sold at. They will run if you put the horsepower to them. It is not a rough water boat and should be ran on rivers and small lakes only. Ask me any question and im sure i can answer about these boats. Yes their are many boats out there with more bling but cant run with this boat true hp for hp. Been there done that. This video was my last AO that I owned 2yrs ago and had a big motor that ran 100 true mph everyday all day loaded down with gear and ho's. The fastest i ran the boat at was 114mph. I do miss this boat at times. The acceleration was awesome! enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnj2ketggFE
Man that sounds good.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
The best bang for you buck IMO is an American Offshore 2600. I have had two and you cant find a better 100mph boat for the price of an AO. They are not built cheap and are priced at what a boat this size should be sold at. They will run if you put the horsepower to them. It is not a rough water boat and should be ran on rivers and small lakes only. Ask me any question and im sure i can answer about these boats. Yes their are many boats out there with more bling but cant run with this boat true hp for hp. Been there done that. This video was my last AO that I owned 2yrs ago and had a big motor that ran 100 true mph everyday all day loaded down with gear and ho's. The fastest i ran the boat at was 114mph. I do miss this boat at times. The acceleration was awesome! enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnj2ketggFE
i had a 26 ao with 900 hp,it top speed was 106,and it acceleratsd like a bullit,i wish i still had it.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 AM
TMR
Registered

Originally Posted by vette131
I think this qualifies for best bang for the buck...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48127-en.html
I have one will vouch for it. Boats has been in 117-118 and nice and stable.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM
TMR
Registered

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
hey dave
i like the skater havent rulled anything out yet, how about specter cat? there is a 30 down in west palm
I called on that boat, I asked if he had a cockpit cover or full cover. He said no I have a tarp. But spectre is an awesome boat.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

If a useable cabin and large cockpit are important the HTM sr24 cant be beat in its size rage. I have had mine for 6 years and I love it.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
If a useable cabin and large cockpit are important the HTM sr24 cant be beat in its size rage. I have had mine for 6 years and I love it.
Any trouble finding insurance? How about rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.