Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   beav's got my boat for sale again! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28940-beavs-got-my-boat-sale-again.html)

RUSSSR1 07-17-2002 02:30 PM

WTF:mad: :mad:

WHO'S GOT THE BAT? I THINK THE BEAV NEEDS TO BE THE BALL. WHAT AN ASS!!

Steamin Rice 07-17-2002 02:32 PM

Bob,

Sorry to tell you this, but I just made a deal on your boat through the Beav. I'll be over soon to pick it up. Please have it clean for me when I get there...:D:D:D:D NOT!!

Strike 07-17-2002 02:50 PM

Why don't you report it to boattrader? Don't put this guy in the majority.
We have a great reputation here at our marina, and will continue our policy. Don't put us all in the same boat. The good people don't need their reps tarnished because of an idiot like this.

Strike

Gumbydammit 07-17-2002 02:56 PM

I could not believe what I was seeing.........had to call myself..........is this guy for real???? Oh MY GOD!!!!!

He actually said the guy owes 71,000 on the boat and for me to send him an email.....that he already had an offer of 69 on the boat. "Buy the boat"

I told him I wanted to know power, hours....etc etc. He said "what do you want me to do, I am in Florida, the boat is in Ohio..."

What an *******.
I would not want to be this guy on judgement day.

Cord 07-17-2002 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Strike
Why don't you report it to boattrader?

Boat trader doesn't care who advertises on their site. They also don't care what the content of the ad is. They do care about where the check comes from though. Been through this already. :rolleyes:

bob_t 07-17-2002 03:14 PM

Dockrocker,
Yep, that's my boat.

To all the others .....

Glad to hear I only owe $71,000 on it .... NOT.

I'll make sure it is clean for all to see and I take all potential buyers out to dinner on the river, after a 2 hour cruise, and even put them up in a really nice hotel, if they come in from out of town.

AND for the first 20 potential buyers, my wife will wash, wax and detail their cars, just for showing up!!!

BTW,
Already did contact Traderonline.

waterbum 07-17-2002 03:21 PM

Want to see him jail? I got this tactic from a friend a few years ago who buys cars out state and was tired of getting the runaround. Get a fax from Beav stating the selling price and the Hull ID. Tell him you will send a deposit to hold the boat and that you will bring a cashiers check in person in the next few weeks to sign the closing / title papers. Go to the post office and get a postal check for the deposit ($100). Mail the check via United States Postal Service. When the guy is unable to sell the boat (because he never had it), you can turn him over the US Postal Marshalls for Interstate Mail Fraud. These guys love to bust heads. It is a Felony. Hope Mr. Beav enjoys his Leavenworth vacation.

Risk Taker 07-17-2002 03:28 PM

Great idea WB........I also noticed that the boat is NOT listed on his won website beavboats.com. Wonder why :confused: :confused: . Secondly how did he get photos of the boat in the first place?? Did you have it listed for sale before, with photos:confused: :confused:

Luv-N-It 07-17-2002 03:29 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

BajaBoss252 07-17-2002 05:32 PM

Who's up for a ride to Hollywood, FL?