Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
St. Judes Little Creek Regatta & Poker Run... >

St. Judes Little Creek Regatta & Poker Run...

Notices

St. Judes Little Creek Regatta & Poker Run...

Old 07-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Judes Little Creek Regatta & Poker Run...

(CHARITY EVENT).
You can't beat the price nor the big water/long leg approach of this run. This event takes place the 2nd & 3rd of August, 2002.
Go to the websites in my signature section for registration & info/download. You can also contact John Addy 757-287-5389 or myself 757-615-1855 for more "in the weeds" info if needed.

This event has a lot going for the $75.00 registration fee. Here are the basics:
1) Yep, $75.00 this year only. Will incrementally rise after this year...
2) Two party's, pre/post
3) Game is 7 card stud with 6 stops and the 7th pull at the post party.
4) $1000.00 first prize.
5) Bahama's trip for a best "non-boating" poker hands available.
6) Outdoor BBQ lunch stop on the docks conducted by Marina Shores Boatel & Marina...
7) Run includes a couple big water/long legs to satisfy even the most aggressive types. You'll get to see our great waters here in Hampton Roads which includes the oceanside Resort Beach, Cape Henry where the 1st settlers landed prior to Jamestown, ChesBay Tunnel one of the original engineering wonders, Aircraft Carriers, Battleship, Submarines and downtown Hampton and Norfolk waterside area's. Oh & many of the local personalities from OSO...
8) Virginia Beach Resort Hotel is offering event prices on some very nice rooms. Also they're on the nbeach and practically across the street from Marina Shores Boatel/Marina......Which.....
9) .....is offering free forking in/out of boats with free trailer parking and the gracious host of the lunch stop on thier premises with docking. Theres also a couple of nearby nice public ramps/motels for the go aloner's...
10) We also will have a "slow-boat" class and route for the cruisers and family runabout types who want in on the fun.

So check the websites and don't hesitate to call on the who, what, where, how's, of getting and staying here...

Last edited by Reckless32; 07-16-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

BTTT...
Old 07-16-2002, 03:04 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick.
You forgot to mention that there will be some "offshore" running in the ocean. Everyone here is on "offshore only" why not bring your boat here and see how it does in "the big stuff?"

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I know, those smooth rivers and lakes are hard habits to break....
Old 07-17-2002, 08:36 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can not believe that no one has replied.

Hey guys; I've run this event before. It is a GOOD run. Very professional, lots of fun, great party afterwards.
Plus come meet more of your OSO friends. Also the HRPA will be your hosts to the event.
This is shaping up to be a pretty good event.

Plus, it is for a great cause. . . . .KIDS! The proceeds go to the St. Jude Childrens research Hospital.

Lets make this a Mid Atlantic OSO get together!!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-17-2002, 09:03 AM
wms

All for only $75 entrance fee, and additional hands (to win the $1000) are only $25 each! And lets not forget the free trailer unloads/loads at our marina - Marina Shores. And if you prefer to launch the boat yourself there is a brand new public ramp right next to the entrance to the Lynnhaven River - 5 minutes from Little Creek.

You guys come on down and join in on the fun.....and the cause.

Macklin

Old 07-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Come on fellow OSO'ers... This is going to be a great time.

I'm in!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:17 AM
Registered

Default ST JUDES RESEARCH HOSPITAL POKER RUN

I have done all the St. Judes poker runs. They are a blast. The pre run party after the Captains meeting Friday night has a live band. There will be a full day of boating the best water on the east coast with all the visual attractions we will be riding by, to include but not be limited to the largest Navy Base in the world, the Battleship Wisconson, the Atlantic Ocean, as well as some of the best Real Estate going. The Post Race Party & awards will also have a silent auction with some incredible items. It will have a professional MC as well as live entertainment. ALL FOR $75. (Did I mention the two t-shirts & ditty bags)
John
Old 07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Default ST. JUDES HOT OFF THE PRESS!

ANOTHER DONATION ADDED TO THE OFFERING!
JUST IN --- WE ARE OFFERING AN INCENTIVE PRIZE TO THE BOAT THAT COMES FROM THE FURTHEST GEOGRAPHICAL DISTANCE... A BEAUTIFUL MEN OR WOMAN'S 25 POINT STONE RING - VALUED AT OVER $700 DONATED BY FRAN LONEY OWNER OF REEF BALLS OF SEA SEARCH OF VIRGINIA!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I think I am the farthest as of yet!
Cool!

Last year was when the guy got hit is the face with a fish in my boat at 60mph....

We will wear helmets this year!!!!!
Bryan

Quick Reply: St. Judes Little Creek Regatta & Poker Run...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.