Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite V-bottom Boat Brand? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28971-favorite-v-bottom-boat-brand.html)

TonyM 07-09-2004 12:38 PM

Re: Favorite V-bottom Boat Brand?

How can we forget the first one to go over 100mph????

Velocity gets my vote as #1, try to get a "non_stepped" V hull to go faster and handle better than a V ROD!!!!

Honorable mentions go to all of Don's creations as well as Pantera, Powerplay, SOnic, and my buddy's Kryptonite that'll spank most of the BIG $$ offshore V and he only has a total of 5 liters of displacement!????

Jassman 07-10-2004 12:41 PM

Nortech gets my vote. The quality is unsurpassed, and when you throw in price comparisions against it's only competition they win hands down. I'm very pleased with my 4300, and the service in which I recieve from the factory has been good. The boat is built extremely well, rock solid. It's not the lightest, nor the fastest, but there has to come a balance between weight vs ride, and I feel Nortech has acheived this. They have one of the best overall rides in the industry, with a very soft re-entry, as well as turns on a dime for such a large boat. The cabin and cockpit is overly spacious, has over 6' headroom, and is perfect for overnighting, which is what we wanted. If I wanted to go faster, I just have to add a few blowers, but if I want to go really fast, I would have ordered one of their sweet lookin cats. :) Jeff Jassby

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-10-2004 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Nortech gets my vote.

How many are aware of this?

NOR-TECH LAUNCHES SERIES 75 HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORTS BOAT

Since being founded in 1987, Nor-Tech Hi-Performance Boats of Cape Coral, Florida has gained an enviable reputation for building powerboats with incredible on the water performance.

Following the success of their 38, 42 and 50 ft Vee bottoms and their 36 and 50 fts. cats, the company has recently added a 75 ft (23 meter) monohull to its range.

The decision to produce the Series 75 was taken to fill the void in the custom boat market for a true high performance vessel. As Nor-Tech explains, 'imagine a 75 foot boat speeding along at 60 mph (97 kmh), imagine being able to travel in seas that would leave others stranded at the dock - you will arrive at your destination in a fraction of the time of other yachts and still be comfortable and unstressed'.

As is the case with the rest of the Nor-Tech range, the Series 75 uses sandwich construction and DIAB core materials for both the hull and the deck to achieve a light but ultra-strong structure.

The Series 75 is available in both open and hard top configuration and, despite its racing pedigree, its level of fit-out is to the highest standards of luxury.

A unique feature of the Series 75 is the hydraulically actuated helm station. Most fast motor yachts lose forward visibility either when coming onto plane or travelling at low speeds. With the Series 75 the entire helm cockpit area can be raised at the flick of switch for optimum visibility and safety.

Steve 1 07-10-2004 02:08 PM

Wow any Pictures yet?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-10-2004 04:19 PM

OOps!
Maybe I let the secret out.... :eek:

No pics or information on Nortech website. Just a dead link saying it is "Coming Soon"

Oh well. Now everyone knows...... :)

Steve 1 07-10-2004 04:27 PM

Sharkey maybe you could fit a couple of your Bullets on the thing..

Jassman 07-10-2004 06:00 PM

Ive got pics of the hull, but my computor that posts pics is still on the bleep, getting another computor on Monday.

Hydrocruiser 07-10-2004 06:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cigarettes rule! But I'll tell ya what. My second boat would be a Magnum. Those are bad boys man! I'll take that 80' Magnum with speed options up to 70 MPH. 80 feet of boat goin 70 MPH would be a nice party cruiser for relaxing on after taking the Cigarette out for a 120 MPH run or two.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-10-2004 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Sharkey maybe you could fit a couple of your Bullets on the thing..

Now that would be sweet!!!!!!! :cool:

salesmanship 07-12-2004 02:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey thanks for mentioning the 75.
So far the hull is laid up and we're adding stringers, the deck mold is finished and we are working on the plug for the hard top. He are a few shots.
TS