Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite V-bottom Boat Brand? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28971-favorite-v-bottom-boat-brand.html)

10x 11-30-2004 11:14 PM

Re: Favorite V-bottom Boat Brand?

Fountain.......Nuff said.

Edward R. Cozzi 11-30-2004 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Active Thunder. Flys level, good lookin', and my wife makes the payments:p

Does wifey have a sister?
Scratch that, I'm probably closer to her MOTHER'S age!

Surgin' General 12-16-2004 01:24 AM

Signature 38undefinedundefinedundefined

kcgbjc 12-16-2004 02:07 AM

Eliminator!

105mph_38_2003 12-16-2004 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
The story is/was/might be that Larry Smith owned the "rights" Genmar and he could not get an agreement going so off he went to California with his molds.

Thats the story and I got it straight from the man himself :cool:

My favorites:

Cig and OL for Vee

Skater,MTI, and Nortech for Cats

I always like several of the same thing so I can keep my options open :D

my32dominator 12-16-2004 04:34 AM

Had to go with Scarab.... because someone forgot to put Sunsation on that list! :rolleyes: :D

MnHowardCat 12-19-2004 05:05 PM

Cigarette

ratman 12-20-2004 12:47 AM

cigarette old school. for the money its hard to beat an old cig for wave crushing and never having to worry about ruff water. the new v's probably wouldn't hold up, if offshore races were run point to point in the open water like they did in the day! any of you outerlimits boys had the kinda air under you like The Cigarette in the most famous offshore pic of all time? i didn't think so... try crushing some 10 footers at high speed and come back n talk to be about how great that new light weight hull is :evilb: . if i had the cash id sell my cig and trade up to a 41 apache. don measureed the waves at an average of 36 feet between the crests thats why the apache is 41ft to span the white caps as it flys by :drink: . plus as an added bene even dumb blondes know cigs and apaches rule :D :D ... ratman

SK-190 12-22-2004 07:54 AM

Considering how many die hard Skater fans there are on offshoreonly, I'm surprised Skater wasn't listed as a choice in the poll now that they've built a few vees.

BODYSHOT1 12-22-2004 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Roger-That, Fred!.. :cool:

Originally Posted by Too Old
Your history lesson is as flawed as the list itself. :eek: :D

If you took the tenure of both those companies and combined them, it still wouldn't come close to the years Sutphens been in business. And owned by one family I might add. :D