Notices

So is the rumor true ?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Why cant OSO lift his ban? he was banned here and he has paid his debt, but yet others involved can still post. Pretty much a steaming load, I think.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
Why cant OSO lift his ban? he was banned here and he has paid his debt
I may be a newer member her but I'll second this request.
I joined OSO at the tail end of this fiasco but it appears to me that he stepped up and took full credit for his personal actions in the affair, and has and will continue to pay his dues until his parole is over.
Personally I think he was completely in the wrong for what he did, but in spite of who orchestrated the endeavor he took responsibility for his own involvement and was sentenced accordingly by our local judicial system.

Just my .02

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Registered

Well unlike a lot of folks in our society he took it on the chin(they roofed his ass for sure) and did not try to pass off his responsibility to others for his freedom, how the US gov't thrives from so they can be rewarded conviction results based off someone else's merits.

Whatever the man chooses to do he still has to provide for his family and if he is willing to work hard and be transparent as well as assume some risk involved to prove he can be trusted then why should he not be entitled to work! Not one of us here can make 100% of people happy everytime, so I am sure there will be a few folks with legitimate gripes regarding someone(the person in this case--chubby).

Hopefully those not involved can look to the future and this man can make a living in the opposite direction of crime! Good luck chubby dealing w the aftermath!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

For the last and final time..... Jeff was banned for an issue NOT related to Cardshark. Not to mention he didn't win any brownie points by showing up at IB headquarters and threatening people.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Jeff's parole hearing came up in September...I think...maybe October, but since he was being paroled to California, it took longer than if he had been paroled out in Texas. It was a lengthy process in which it appears that only one person in the California system actually cared...his parole officer out there. She made the inspection of his father's house and then got all the paper work done that day and sent in with her blessing...sorta speak. Had he paroled out to Texas, most likely he would have been out in November. But, Lucky Strike is right. Jeff paid for his part in all of that crap with days of his life and away from his kids. His younger son called me almost daily and even with this kids disability, no one could have a more loving or faithful son. To give you an idea, Jacob knew that I was always there for Jeff and put money in his TDC account. Others sent me money for Jeff's account also, but I will not say who did, so dont even waste your time asking. Jacob only had his piggy bank and this 9 year old kid (when he told me this) wanted my address. When I asked him what he needed my address for, his response was, "I know that you have been sending my Dad money while he is in prison and I want to send you what I have in my piggy bank to pay you back". Jacob is a great kid and we have talked for hours at a time on the phone.

As for TDC expediting Jeff thru the system...this could be a yes and no thing. Jeff paid his debt with months of his life. He did what he did and he will admit it. The others involved in this and you know the ones, but to refresh your memory...the boat owner, the high performance boat shop owner and the boat sales dude were never charged. I wrote a letter to the Texas Rangers over it and the answer I got was that when you are friends and buddies with a District Attorney...meaning the performance boat shop owner and the boat saleman dude, there is no better protection from the system then protection from within. So unless one of them says something, there is nothing that can be done. The Sheriff of Grayson County had evidence against the boat salesman dude, but the D/A refused to accept it. So, what does this tell you?

Now, if all of this had happened in Texas instead of New York, Jeff would have received the least of the sentences that would be handed down. But New York is seriously cash strapped and it is expensive to house someone in prison. So if one has charges as so many of them did up there, then deep pockets is the way to avoid it. As I was told, Sgro paid $850,000.00 to stay out of prison and Winters paid $541,000.00 to stay out of prison. The others also paid money. JC who really, in my opinion got the long end of a short stick paid with getting his reputation hit, a small fine and his business kicked around. I have talked to JC several times on the phone and regardless of what anyone thinks...like I really care what anyone thinks...I do like JC and I have never met him. But I just might swing by his place soon and say hi in the near future. Angelo most certainly would have gone to prison, had he lived, as they had a stack of charges against him. Now, many of you might think Curtis is all done. Well...sorry. He is not done by a long shot and I got off his @ss about all the other stuff and I am not going to start riding on him again. What will happen...who knows, but remember that it is in New York and the State is seriously cash strapped. I wish him luck on all the charges and that is all I have to say about it. If you want more information...look it up.

All in all...Jeff paid his debt...get off his butt and let him put his life back together. Of all the many people who have called me and of all the people who emailed me that were customers of Jeff from him pulling their boats to whereever...none of them had a bad word to say about him knowing full well that he was in a Texas prison. Most all said that they would use him without question to haul their boats again. Many out there wanted to remain silent, but still wish Jeff the best. I will not say who they are, because some of you will go after them with your petty crap. Jeff is out so either wish him the best or just shutup...the tally book is even now and Ceasar is satisfied.
You are quite a humanitarian Slonaker.

Now that this is all over, maybe you can enlighten us on why you have taken such grandiose interest in establishing these relationships with convicted felons?

Maybe I'm wrong. It does appears that your "friendship" with Jeff Murray came after he was arrested. Your whole "inside information" postings, and now the admission that you picked Jeff up from prison and spoke daily with his kids? You should be commended for your generous efforts.

Now, you are trying to run this whole "Jeff paid his dues" campaign, let him back in nonsense? Are you that desperate for admission into the "clique" that you befriend complete strangers and give them your shoulder to cry on?

Lastly, do you even know WHY Murray was banned from this site? No, you don't.

I just read Speedy's post..now you do know why Jeff was banned!

Last edited by pasquesi; 01-18-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Read Speedgirl post after I posted
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
For the last and final time..... Jeff was banned for an issue NOT related to Cardshark. Not to mention he didn't win any brownie points by showing up at IB headquarters and threatening people.
Sorry, I was completely unaware of those matters, it was obviously before my time here.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

We are wanting to welcome felons convicted of stealing our prized possesions back on the site? Seriously? (pun intended).
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Would he be able to get back in the hauling business ? Would the various agencies, state and federal, and insurance companies give him license and coverage ?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
You are quite a humanitarian Slonaker.

Now that this is all over, maybe you can enlighten us on why you have taken such grandiose interest in establishing these relationships with convicted felons? Jeff and I were friends before he was arrested during his arrest and after his after his arrest. He got his butt in trouble, but I didnt throw him away because of it. This is probably something you will never understand.

Maybe I'm wrong. It does appears that your "friendship" with Jeff Murray came after he was arrested. Your whole "inside information" postings, and now the admission that you picked Jeff up from prison and spoke daily with his kids? You should be commended for your generous efforts. Make all the assumptions that you want...you will never make the right one because youo are looking inthe wrong place. The majority of the information that I posted did not come from jeff and yes I spoke with his kids...mainly Jacob and more times than I can count. Regardless of what Jeff did, or will do in the future...one would be hard pressed to get a better son than he has in Jacob. My efforts are not to be commended or judged...this is how I treat my friends...with honor and respect without question. Maybe this is also why I have so many friends.

Now, you are trying to run this whole "Jeff paid his dues" campaign, let him back in nonsense? Are you that desperate for admission into the "clique" that you befriend complete strangers and give them your shoulder to cry on? Of course this is something that you would see and think. Maybe you dont hve any true friends which would explain why you dont understand. I heard and read what was said that Jeff was suppose to have done about 1-1/2 years ago, but I wasnt there for it, Speedy was not there for it and neither were you. When I spoke with someone about it over a year ago at IB and asked...no one seemed to know about this, so I will just look at it with a slanted eye. It is not Jeff's manor to make a threat to anyone. As far as being admitted into your clique of people you always seem to side with...not interested in the least. You are as quick as some of the others to jump on the bash wagon when you dont know squat about who you are bashing...you just want to put your two cents in. Any and all of my friends will tell you that I am a real friend...not a web site friend as you seem to have, but a friend that will help you out regardless of what has happened. It appears that you have no one like this which is a shame...I dont think you know what you are missing and the chances of you finding out dont look so good either.

Lastly, do you even know WHY Murray was banned from this site? No, you don't. Now, here we go again...you making your assumptions when it is you that didnt know.Knowing Jeff, I just find it very hard to believe.

I just read Speedy's post..now you do know why Jeff was banned!
Whether or not this answers whatever it is that you "think"...I dont care, but there is one thing that I will tell you and that is that I will not respond to you again about anything else that you post. It isnt that I dont like you, but more that I dont care to have anything to do with you. I see you as one that likes to stir up a piss-pot when you have no idea who owns the pot or who pissed in it...you just want to be in on the bashing. Surely, you are not this insecure. Maybe someday, you will run across someone who will be a true friend to you through the good times and the bad times...then maybe you will see for yourself. Until then, I will hope that you will find or trip over someone who will become a real friend to you as I am with Jeff.

Have a nice life.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Whether or not this answers whatever it is that you "think"...I dont care, but there is one thing that I will tell you and that is that I will not respond to you again about anything else that you post. It isnt that I dont like you, but more that I dont care to have anything to do with you. I see you as one that likes to stir up a piss-pot when you have no idea who owns the pot or who pissed in it...you just want to be in on the bashing. Surely, you are not this insecure. Maybe someday, you will run across someone who will be a true friend to you through the good times and the bad times...then maybe you will see for yourself. Until then, I will hope that you will find or trip over someone who will become a real friend to you as I am with Jeff.

Have a nice life.

I dont know much more than what I have read over the boat being taken. I think I have heard "most" of the rumors and I did do some "pre-judging" against him, but with so many standing by him...I have taken my pre-judging and stuffed it somewhere. I owe the man an appology...which he will get if I get to meet him someday. As for his situation...I only live an hour from there, but something just isnt right in the hen house. My own feelings over this is that jeff will come out OK on this..maybe a small spanking for his part, but I know the people where the boat was and have had dealings with them...not warm and fuzzy over it either. I smell problems and trouble brewing for some other people that havent been named...yet. I'm just going to wait for it and let it not be a surprise. One thing I will do and that is to hire Jeff to haul my boat should I need him. I have never met the man, just as I have not met the many people here and at other sites that have recommended him. If he was as bad as some paint him to be...why did I receive so many email recommending him? I will hire him when I need his service and I wont give a tinkers-damn about the shark crap.

Your words, your post, 2008, after he was arrested. Sure seems like your weren't "friends' yet. You even digress by saying that you judged him.....and how you will apologize IF you get to meet him. Whatever. It doesn't matter. The guy did his time. One thing is for sure. He won't be using this site to advertise, and bully other transporters like he did for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.