Notices

Kentucky Lake Boaters

Old 07-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Boating Fool

Kids really aren't a problem. Even though I don't have any, many people still raft up in the quarry, go fat daddy's or buds beach and take their kids along. Fat Daddy's serves alcohol but you don't have to be 21 to go. Buds Beach is a good place to take the kids, it has a rope swing off of a tree at the water edge. Plus it is one of the few sand beaches on the lake.

I know I wouldn't be able to be down on the weekend of the 15-17. Have some things going on around here, but I sure everyone else will be around.

Old 07-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Boating Fool

Oh yeah, you might want to make those reservations as soon as you can. I had some friends that couldn't get into moor because it was booked. That was with about 2 weeks before they wanted to go.

Old 07-23-2002, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luv-n-it, I have two boys, 6 and 9 that are with us every weekend on the water. Mama tyed has a 15 year old daughter that is with them many weekends, others we boat with have kids ranging from 1-16 yrs old. Bud's beach, straight across from the Moors is a popular place for those with younger kids. Still a party every weekend. Good sand, slow drop off, rope on tree for swinging, great place for the kids to safely play. For us older folks, not you boating fool, it is good to stand and not swim or float all the time as in the pit.

If the kids are older (say teen agers), then the pit, one or two miles from Bud's beach is a good place. THis is KY Lakes version of LOTO's Party Cove, only smaller (and it seems with less nudity). It is deep, around 100ft with rocks that poeple jump off of. Everyone just rafts up and partys. (Was my favorite before kids)

In any case as everyone above has stated there are several places to go with or without the kids. Probably all are worth a visit on the weekend.

Another good place to run is Kattawa Harbor for a Rudy Burger, no alcohol but good food, it is about 25 miles from Moors on Lake Barkley. As stated above there are several places in Tennessee that serve food and alcohol, these are about 30-40 miles south.

There are also several places to stay, my favorite is Moors, biggest private resort on the KY portion of the lakes. Cozy Cove is also nice with docks. The State Parks (Ky Dam and Kenlake) are real nice although a little big for my tastes. You need to take a car to get to your boat/marine from the lodge or cabins at the state parks.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Boating Fool

Default Watch It!!!

Hey, I resemble that remark

I think buds is one of the better place, the quarry can be fun. But it is much nicer standing in waist deep water having a cold one.

I personnally like to ride around and move around a lot (easy to do when you don't pay for the gas ). So rafting up in the quarry can be a real pain. It is still fun to be in there fun time to time and see whats going on.

It was good seeing you guys in there this weekend. I wasn't ready to leave yet. I wanted to stay and hang out. I was trying to talk dad into letting me bring the cat back, but it looked as if it I was coming back on a jet ski. Then I ended up getting in another boat and running all over the lake.

Old 07-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

boatinbill,
Thanks for the input. Will the allow you to anchor on the lake and overnight? You have made a reference to make reservations. I overnight on the water w/the Baja all the time.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Boating Fool

Overnighting on the lake is fine. There are a bunch of safe harbors(coves) for spending the night in and there are some coves that have bays in them that are good for it. There is always sailboats and cruisers that stay out all night in the back of bays.

Also you can rent slips at the marinas that have shorpower and water hook ups. I believe it is 15 bucks a night at moors for a slip with power and water hook ups.

Old 07-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Registered

Thanks Boating Fool. I will keep this in mind. Is it hard to get a slip? I know some have talked about reservations, but is that for a slip or a room?
Old 07-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Boating Fool

I believe we all have been talking about rooms. Slips should not be as hard unless your boat is good size. I will still call ahead in advance if you are just wanting to rent a slip.

Old 07-26-2002, 12:05 AM

This hurts to say, but I agree with everything Boating Fool has said (ouch ).

We were all talking about rooms, on the Land Between the Lakes side (where the Pit and the beach are) there are lot's of places to safely anchor overnight. It is not unusual to see poeple spend the night with their boats beached or anchored just off the beach within easy swiming distance.

Also, there are slips available at all the larger marinas, don't know the price, but I assume Boating Fool is close.

It's hurts to agree with those cat guys
Old 07-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Boating Fool

Default boatinbill

Hey, have you argued with a p**sy and won. I didn't think so.

Quick Reply: Kentucky Lake Boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.