If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I am not sure that licencing is the answer, but I do think it would help educate newcomers to "Boating Etiquette" .... Just last weekend I was cruising at 35 mabee 40 mph in my little 24' SUPERBOAT.... for those that are unfamiliar its a 7' beam 24 degree hull with drop out bolsters.... old style small offshore boat... anyway my 10 yr old son was at the helm(has completed the safe boating coursee)... my 5 yr old daughter in the seat next to him & me standing between them close to the wheel & throttle... OK that may sound risky, my hand was never 6" from the wheel & I never took my eye off the kids(both in life vests) or our heading for a SECOND.... a boat I hadn't seen before, I believe it was a Checkmate 25'.... heading the opposite direction turns around & runs us down.... pulls up along side & waves us on! My son say's "Dad you better drive"... I said ignore them John.... these 3 Heros flip me the finger & blast off.... JP says "Dad did you see what he did".... Well... 5 - 10 yrs ago that never would have hapened where I live.... but thats whats out there these days.... more money then brains .... I had a guy tell me he never heard that sailboats have the right of way! He was driving a beautiful new 60+ mph boat.... there's alot of accidents out there just waiting to happen I'm afraid.

Coast guard classes are awesome!

I would be satisfied if someone just taught people what a no wake zone meant!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234