Notices

Bad news about HotBoat

Old 07-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad news about HotBoat

While I was at 2 fire calls I received a message on my home answering machine. Sounds like our friend Hotboat's oil looks like "Cappacino" according to the message. I will report back later when I know more.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

Paul just can't get a break with his boat. I thought that the "curse of Hot Boat" was gone.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Shane sorry I didn't call you back. My phone died.

well after a having a nice run on the boat for almost 2 hours ( not continuous ) running mostly at 3000 - 3500 rpm with a few short burst of WTO to test out props I headed back to the dock to pick up a friend. He happened to notice that oil was building up on the flame arestor. We checked the oil and it looked like a Cappacino. I was very suppressed. I ran the whole time never taking my eyes off the gauges. I had 50 PSI of oil pressure all day and about 220 degrees of oil temp. We started the engine again to verify the oil pressure, and it was at 50 psi. I let the motor sit for a few hours and then drained the oil and all the lines to the thermostat and the oil cool and blew out the cooler. Then I flushed out both sides of the block with about 4 Qts of oil and let that drain out. then I filled the engine with oil and installed a new filter. I started it up for a few seconds to get oil pressure and shut it right down. it was at 48 PSI cold. When that was all done I cut open the oil filter with a very large tubing cuter and took out the pleating. I went through every pleat and didn't find anything but some specs of blue RTV and one very, very , very small piece of cast iron. Nothing to be concerned about.

So it look that the bottom end is still intact. Tomorrow I am going to pressure test the oil cooler just to make sure that isn't the problem. if it test okay, then its going to be another long night towing the boat 3 hours to the shop and back home again.

As for the "Curse of Hot Boat" This is something that I was born with. Just ask Shane. All my life if it can go wrong it will, I just deal with it and move on. As for this little set back I am not mad just a little disappointed. I have family coming from Europe next week and I was looking forward to taking them out. But if for some reason this problem is not resolved in time for the Thousand Islands Poker Run then I am going to be beyond Pissed off and the wife as well. And its not often that I get pissed off. We bin look foward to that trip all year and planed our whole vacation up there that week.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

HOLY CRAP I HOPE ITS NOT SERIOUS!!!! I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED!!! GOOD LUCK PAUL KEEP US POSTED...
Old 07-19-2002, 08:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear that Paul. I knew something had to be up when we didn't hear from you. A little engine trouble I guess is good news. The important thing is nothing serious happened and that they didn't need a search party.
Good Luck!!! Hope all turns out to be minor.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope it is just something stupid!!!! Man that is a bummer. Check your oil cooler as you have said you are going to. The riser gaskets that you used were they the new ones or the old ones? Check your risers and the gaskets. The intake is also an easy place to have a problem. Good luck getting it running and let us know.

Jon
Old 07-19-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

Paul,
I am very sorry to hear that. My situation is less that sunshiny as well. Ill give you a call in a little bit.
You know between us, we are supposed to have atleast one running boat so we can bum rides while the other is down. Your outta turn my friend!
Old 07-19-2002, 09:06 AM
GRH

Sounds like you & I are in the same "boat".... if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.... Keep after it & I hope you find the problem quickly....

SHANE - check my speeling

Old 07-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

Default I Was very dissapointed for Paul also...

The look on his face said it all. yesterday, he had a smile from ear to ear and the joy of being back out on the water with his " own " boat was what its all about. a few hours later he gave me the bad news.. Hope its something stupid and your back running in now time...
Old 07-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Hot Boat,

I too hope it was just something stupid and you get it figured out quick and cheaply.

You kind of remind me of a buddy of mine....I'll ask him "Hows the bad luck goin?"

He'll respond "Oh pretty good"!

Quick Reply: Bad news about HotBoat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.