Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wish the boat would do this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29058-wish-boat-would-do.html)

C_Spray 07-19-2002 09:32 PM

Hmmmmm.......

....112 is only two mph shy of where I shift my NSX from third to fourth. 142 is exactly the fourth-fifth shift, and the tach and speedo are still moving smartly at that point. ;) Do NOT ask me for pictures (much less video) of that....

Waterfoul 07-19-2002 09:36 PM

Mitch Stellin (formerly DonziMitch) has the same picture taken from his Thundercat snowmobile. Over 100 mph in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Kids don't try THAT at home!!!!!

BigMike 07-19-2002 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In a rental car on a recent trip from Tampa to West Palm Beach.

C_Spray 07-19-2002 10:54 PM

Woof!

Brave move in a Pontiac.....:eek:

BUT - How can it go that fast at less than 4400 rpm?????

BigMike 07-19-2002 11:04 PM

C-Spray,

Don't you mean 7500 RPM's???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mike

MitchStellin 07-19-2002 11:10 PM

C_Spray that was the first thing I saw. Either it was way past red line or it was under 4000rpm. I think it is Kilometers Per Hour. I have a buddy who had a Ski Doo. It was brand new and the switch on the speedo was set for Kilometers (Canada). We stopped and he was all shook up and asked why we were bombing thru the woods and winding trails at 80mph!!! We said we were going around 50 or so. We switched it back and he was much more relaxed. Oh, another Ski Doo story. Brand new and the Temp gauge is pegged. This other friend keeps stopping and checking it out. I did not seem hot and was full of liquid so we kept going...and he kept stopping. Finally he says why am I almost out of gas? After about 5 min I said if your temp is pegged hot and the gas gauge is empty I bet the wires are crossed. Shure enough that was it. While we were at it we switched his speedo and tried to freak him out but he was too smart.:D

BigMike 07-19-2002 11:19 PM

It is Kilometers per Hour. I took the photo to mess with my boss. When I got back from my business trip and showed him the photo, it was almost my last day on the job. Took an hour to convince him that the Bonneville SSEi (?) had a switch that changed the speedo reading from MPH to KPH. Now when I get a rental, it has to be a sub-compact. Maybe it wasn't the best idea in the world but it got alot of laughs.

Mike

BajaBoss252 07-20-2002 12:49 AM

Mike,

Everyone knows the fastest car in the world is a rental car...:D

In Mexico I had no idea how fast I was going but the speedo in that little Nissan was mostly over 100...:)

Ted

BajaBoss252 07-20-2002 12:51 AM

Oh yeah, you should see the video of us going up the coastline on a totally washboarded out dirt road for about 4 hours. I feel sorry for the guy that got that car after me. I don't think it will ever drive right again.

Gotta love handbrakes too! Good for those corners on the cliffs...:D

beerock 07-20-2002 02:22 AM

boy do i have a picture for you guys......... lemme find that son of a biatch