south florida powerhouse/industrial piping industry

Notices

south florida powerhouse/industrial piping industry

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south florida powerhouse/industrial piping industry

I sold my mechanical co. specializing in powerhouse repair and maintenance and now want to make a move down to south Florida. Does anyone on here have any hooks in that industry or the industrial piping industry? I would like to talk to some people to see what the options/opportunities are down there. thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

You know who to call for industrial space or your next home.

Seriously, great to hear you will be around full time. See you for Miami show and Poker Run.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Glenn Dangerkitty has something to do wih powerplants if that is what you are referring to??
Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Registered

Not in South Florida , very little of that kind of industry down here ad building, Tampa, and Jax are the places were that industry is. However if you would like to change careers, selling churros in the street or holding homeless signs at the street corners seem to be the new business trend down here
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered

I'm a Power Plant Mechanic , Sandy flooded my plant supposedly beyond repair and will be torn down. I'm out of my $100k yr. job and out on the street looking for a job. I too was thinking about starting over down in Florida or the Carolinas, life would probably be a little easier then dealing with all the bull**** in NY state. Cuomo is turning me into a criminal anyways
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Venomous
I'm a Power Plant Mechanic , Sandy flooded my plant supposedly beyond repair and will be torn down. I'm out of my $100k yr. job and out on the street looking for a job. I too was thinking about starting over down in Florida or the Carolinas, life would probably be a little easier then dealing with all the bull**** in NY state. Cuomo is turning me into a criminal anyways
what plant were you at? are you a union mech? if so which union, can you weld? i might know a plant looking for people. how far are you from queens ny?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Venomous
I think progress (now duke) is looking for people at the bartow FL plant. At least that is what they tell me every time I am there.

Gas combine cycle turbine plant. 8 on 4.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Oh yea and you will love our gun laws!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

I was at the Dynegy Danskammer plant on the Hudson River just north of Gully's I mean Newburgh. Yes I.B.E.W. local 320 union and yes I weld pretty good if I do say so my self. I'm in Dutchess county and Queens would be the commute from hell, but I'll take what I can get. Looking into Indian Point, Bowline and ConEd in Manhattan. Thanks for lookin out for a OSO brother.

Last edited by Johnny Venomous; 01-30-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Wildman, I actually applied with Duke at the Bartow plant last week. Thanks for the heads up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.