The Future of Powerboat Values >

The Future of Powerboat Values

Notices

The Future of Powerboat Values

Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of tend to agree with seaford, most of us 80's babies have no clue about mechanics, look at all of our friends. Most of mine think I am insane for have owning and shopping for a performance boat. The first thing they say is how much fuel does that thing use, then they ask what kind of mileage my truck gets... It's sad to say but that's why I feel there has been such a surge in wakeboard boats. They can put $50 in the tank, split it up between 4 buddies and go cruise around all day. Plus it makes them look like they do a extreme sport or something!! Those of us in our late 20's and early 30's are the future of powerboating and in reality I don't feel that there is that many of us. So I feel that older boats will decline in price while newer say 04+ will increase in price. Until us 30 something's start dropping the $$$ for new mid-level boats.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I will say that a friend of mine has a wb boat and when I blow by him cutting across the lake his 10 passengers look miserable since they are getting the crap beat out of them!!! I'm always sure to let him know that all his skegs are still there!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Nate, Machloosey,

Don't take offense. There are some of us out there that like to turn a wrench, but the MAJORITY do not.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Nate, Machloosey,

Don't take offense. There are some of us out there that like to turn a wrench, but the MAJORITY do not.
No true offense taken at all more of a joking offense.

Its all fun, games, boats, and boobs.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Question to the younger guys, Nate and Machloosey:

Did your parents own a boat?

People who grew up in boat-owning families often end up owning boats. Because they've been exposed to what's involved, they tend to be less intimidated by the notion of having a boat of their own. It's almost as if the legacy of boat ownership and lifestyle is passed down.

So I'm curious as to what you guys had, in terms of early exposure, to boats.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

People who grew up in boat-owning families often end up owning boats. Because they've been exposed to what's involved, they tend to be less intimidated by the notion of having a boat of their own. It's almost as if the legacy of boat ownership and lifestyle is passed down.

We had an old 27' cruiser (80' s Searay if I recall).

But my mom ALWAYS had a passion for power boats. Since a small kid we go watch hydroplanes back in the day, the race in St Pete near the pier for offshore, as well as Sarasota, and once it moved to clearwater that was a yearly joy for us.

It always stuck with me. My whole family was into fast cars as well and have been going to NHRA events since I was 5 with my uncle (he owns a garage and a wellcraft Nova).

I lost my mom in 2011 and we had talks before. It was always our dream to do a powerboat run together and though she wont be here when I get my first one. It will be named and drove in her memory all the time.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I grew up on them. Parents had a 302 formula, 31 Excalibur(2nd to last one out of the original factory), and a 28 apache brave. We also had ski and fishing boats along with jet skis for inbetween big boats. I guess I never shook the bug. I still wish I could be boating on their dime!!

Last edited by T-RAV; 01-30-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I grew up with a couple old salt water staples - a 13' Whaler and a 1974 (and a 1976) Wellcraft V20.

My brother still uses the 1974 every weekend. The 1976 ended up at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay after a rogue wave came over the backside. (After we sold it to a woman up the street)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Im 17 and have been around boats my whole life my grandparents are on there 2nd fourwinns since the mid 90's (there old) and my family has a sonic our 1st performance we cahnge all of the fluids and do basic manitance ourselves i definitely believe my family sparked my intrest in boats

Last edited by HEDGEHOGER; 01-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well growing up on a lake and having a family cottage on Torch Lake... boating was and always will be a way of life...

Dad... 22ft ranger w/ 300hp 80+mph -- 38ft Tiara -- 19ft hydrostream 90+ mph (Sweet boat)
Uncle... 27ft fountain -- 38ft formula SR1
2nd Uncle... 25ft baja

So yeah... there have been a few boats growing up.

Side note... the hydrostream we would take upnorth and there was one time, i think i was 7-10 years old at the time and i forgot the drain plug when we dropped it in the water... tied her up at the dock and we come back... well lets just say im glad we tied it up real tight to the dock... oops... got a real spankin that day...

Last edited by chrisf695; 01-30-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.