Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Favorite offshore boat racing class? >

Favorite offshore boat racing class?

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite class to watch?
Factory 1
21.72%
Factory 2
19.00%
Super Vee
8.14%
Super Vee Light Twin
3.17%
Super Vee Light Single
3.62%
Super Cat
17.19%
Super Cat Light
4.52%
Super Cat Light Outboard(Twin or Triple)
10.41%
Outlaw Performance PX
3.62%
Outlaw Performance (Any)
8.60%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite offshore boat racing class?

Old 07-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voting

Has anyone figured out why some of us can't vote? We can post all we want, but can't vote!! Whats up with that?
Old 07-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F1 is definetly competive and exciting. I like that they all run the same motors so that boat design and how it is driven determinds the winner, but I also like the 100mph speed with the HP500s so I like to watch ZippExpress, Lube Jobs etc.....
Old 07-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From someone who's not a huge F-2 fan, I can honestly say that the Savannah race was some of the best racing I've ever seen !! Anywhere, Anyclass !!!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:02 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Cool pictures!

Originally posted by Rickoffshore
Looking at your OLD pictures I see myself in the Team Jaguar, it was 1990. Plenty of boats back then! Long laps and big seas! Thanks for the BLAST from the past! Rick Conti #4 TEAM JAGUAR
No, THANK YOU for the memorys!! It was all you guys that were putting on the greatest show on earth. That was the end of an era for Offshore Racing. Don Johson showed up and everything went to SH!T. OPT started and things were never the same again. I can remember walkng around the wet pits in those days and it was like heaven to a motor head like me. Everyone was trying to build a better mouse trap. BIG blower motors, Lamborgini motors, I think I even remember someone running fuel injection Buick motors. And as T2x said even Fabio Buzzi running his winged wonder THAT was Offshore Racing at its best. Yes long laps and big seas seperated the men from the boys. I spent alot of time bobbing out in the ocean watching offshore racing in those days. Those long laps gave you time to have some cocktails while waiting for the boats to come back past. It didn't really hit me until I went to the NYC Poker Run and walked around the docks looking at all the different hardware and it reminded me of the old days. You go to a race now adays and with everyone running the same hardware it takes something away from the eye candy factor. But I guess thats progress So Rick stop lurking and start posting. It's guys like you that lived the sport that makes this board so great. Tell us what it was like driving a Jaguar back then, tell us what kind of power you were running. What kind of speeds you were running. Sure was a good cast of characters running around in those days. Tom Gentry, Al Copeland, Joe Mach, Smitty, Charles Marks, Pete Markey, John D'Elia, a young John Tomlinson, John Gehrit (my favorite INXS) and the list goes on..... and those movie star guys Don Johnson, Kurt Russel, Chuck Norris. I just hope 15 years from now my memorys of todays Offshore Racing will be as good.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry I missed all that but it was before I new they even raced boats. Must have been one hell of a show.
Randy
Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Favorite offshore boat racing class?

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
Here are some pictures of the old days in Key West. (sometime in the late 80's-early90's)community.webtv.net/absolutetowing/VintageRaceBoatPics It may take a little to down load but its worth the trip down memory lane.
Excellent !

LS
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

LS,
I agree, that looks like the year Hyperactive stuffed and nearly disintegrated. By the way, how did you come across a thread that was three years old?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

p class it's the only class that has more then one differnt brand of boats (v-hulls) everything else is fountains. also the supercat unlimited

jr mike
Old 12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedonz
p class it's the only class that has more then one differnt brand of boats (v-hulls) everything else is fountains. also the supercat unlimited

jr mike
SUpercat UNlimited is pretty awesome and diverse. A 40' platinum winning on sunday, Quad engined 46 skater, open of a kind (for now) 50 Callan, an Apache cat and another skater. Was defiently the class that got the most adrenaline flowing.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:56 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

All Classes Are Good ! When The Green Flag Goes Down , I dont Think The Class Is Important Its all The Wonderfull World of Offshore After Do Boat Racing For 26 Years No Two Races Have Ever Been The Same Freeze Frame
www.freezeframevideo.net

Quick Reply: Favorite offshore boat racing class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.