Anyway to look up previous owners??? >

Anyway to look up previous owners???

Notices

Anyway to look up previous owners???

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
you think that is tough, I bought my house out of foreclosure and my neigbor was the parents of the one foreclosed on. they then sold their house to their son so then my neigbor was the family that used to live in my house. then they lost that house to foreclosure so it is not as awkward now.
And people wonder how the housing market crashed. lol
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^

Went to the PVA office today to see about finding out anything more about the previous owner. KY boat owners pay property tax, which is public knowledge. But it was titled in Ohio and therefore no KY taxes were paid. Only info I could get was that they paid OH taxes on it and one person owned it from 2002-2010 that had a KY address. How they had it reop'd I'll never know? Maybe the re-fi'd and couldn't make payments? Who knows? But after finding out one person owned the boat since 2002 I REALLY want to find out now! haha
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Guy must not have learned his lesson the first time. Or they did it intentionally to gut the equity out of them before sending them back to the bank.

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
you think that is tough, I bought my house out of foreclosure and my neigbor was the parents of the one foreclosed on. they then sold their house to their son so then my neigbor was the family that used to live in my house. then they lost that house to foreclosure so it is not as awkward now.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by moorekh
^

Went to the PVA office today to see about finding out anything more about the previous owner. KY boat owners pay property tax, which is public knowledge. But it was titled in Ohio and therefore no KY taxes were paid. Only info I could get was that they paid OH taxes on it and one person owned it from 2002-2010 that had a KY address. How they had it reop'd I'll never know? Maybe the re-fi'd and couldn't make payments? Who knows? But after finding out one person owned the boat since 2002 I REALLY want to find out now! haha
does the boat not have Ohio Registration numbers on it? if it does or you can make out what they were you should be able to go online to Ohio DNR or who ever issues the numbers and do a search. I was able to do that on my 74 Cee Bee jet boat that had Texas numbers. they had expired in '07 but they keep records online for 10 years. I was able to get the owners name and address as well as the previous title number.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Guy must not have learned his lesson the first time. Or they did it intentionally to gut the equity out of them before sending them back to the bank.
actually the parents had split their land (I have 5 acres and they had 3.5) and gave it to the son who built my house. 5 years later they lost it to forecloseure. after two years the parents moved to the next town over and let the son take over the mortgage but it was never transfered so it was still in his mothers name. he never told his mother that he was behind on payments till the bank sent her foreclosure papers. shortly after the son got divorced and now the parents and the son are not on speaking terms. it was always a little awkward to have them next door, especially when I shot one of his many dogs in the butt for attacking my dog. all is nice and peaceful now.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by moorekh
^

see if this page helps

http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/4/pdfs/forms/8513.pdf

I think you can use just the HIN if you dont know the Ohio registration number. just fill it out and give them $2.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a card in my project boat with the previous owners name ( three owners back ) looked it up online and couldn't believe the information I was able to get...address,age phone number and even a satellite picture of his house!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

so did the form from ohio work to get you the previous owner? just curious what info they provide.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Registered

nothing yet, Just sent it in this week. I'll update w/ all the info they provide!