If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    94 Donzi sweet sixteen
    Madcow, is that part # 69622A12, if it is let me know and I will see what I can do !!
    It may have been superseeded but I'll give it a shot

Sunsation 32

Spending the night at Sunsation32's house tonight

so I am on his puter.

The reason I machined the bottle was because it wasn't perfectly flat. I was afraid when I attached the fitting to the bottom of the jug it would crack like all of the merc bottles do.
    It's been too many years ago and I can't remember if I had to machine out an alum. part to put in the bottle. Sorry brain cells ain't what they use to be. My old boat was a 1988 24 foot Carrera. It didn't have the alarm set up in the bottle. I am pretty sure I machined a part for the bottle.

Sunsation 32

If ya didn't figure it out this is....

My Boats:
    1995 34 Vyper T-500 hps
    michigan city in.
    old post same problem,, leaking reservoirs for my outdrives,, I ordered 2 bottles $12.38 each . total shipped 29.01 anyway I was expecting something close to the original... well I received them today and heres the scoop...
    THESE ARE THE SAME BOTTLES ,, the lid was EXACTLY the same I was able to use mine with the vent already installed. When I took apart the merc bottle,,,, the bottom of the bottle had been machined flat in the center inside and out. had a 5/8 hole thru. I have the bottles w/o the low oil sensor ,, so the fitting on the bottom of mine is hex aluminum with an o ring already on it for the seal and just a thin nut goes on the inside of the bottle... Oh the one thing this bottle DOESN'T have,,,,,, the $50 sticker that has an oil level mark.......

i'll post an update on how I machine the bottom...

My Boats:
    02 38 T/S GUN SMITH POWER 43 Wellcraft Portifino
    Tulsa, GLOC
    Especially when the o ring fall out of the top cap and you didnt notice then you run till the alarm sounds because there is a whole qt of oil in the bilge!!
    GLAD i had the ALARM!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    1987 Scarab Panther
    Dallas, TX
    I have one you can have. I will be in Toledo on 11/10 if you want to pick it up. Call me on the 10th.
    214 632 0798

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12