Notices

29 fever and tall people

Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I wouldn't mess with the floor. I'd make/fab some new brackets for the bolster legs that moved the seat frame back using stock mounting locations (in the floor). Powdercoat/polish to match.

Originally Posted by zz28zz
Humm wonder how much room there is under there. That would solve all (well maybe not all) of my problems.. Anyone had the floor out of their 29??

I know it's a joke, but hey,,nothing is impossible..
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

That would be the way to go if moving the seat back was all that was needed.
I need my feet to be lower in the boat or the rest of the boat to be higher. The first option sounds easier.

On my old Chaparral I had to cut an access hole under drivers feet to access the fuel fill hose. There was definitely enough room on that boat to drop down 10 inches or so. The fever has a larger fuel tank, but I don't know exactly where it stops and starts.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously. Get with Reggie Jr. Those guys are super helpful.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zz28zz
I'm 6'3' and abt 220 lbs.
Went and checked out a 1990 29' Fever yesterday.
Boat is in great shape for its age but when I stepped into the drivers seat it seemed really cramped. Sitting, my knees would barely go under the dash and that was with my feet under the seat. There's no way a could get my feet under the dash while sitting. Standing straight up, the top of the seat back was well below my waist and I had to bend over to reach the throttles and steering wheel. If I put my feet way under the dash (on the angled portion), it felt a little better but I was putting a lot of stress on the seat back and that was just sittng on the trailer. I could just imaging how much stress I'd place on the seat positioned like that under acceleration and in the chop.
I really like the boat, but this may be a deal breaker if I can't find a solutuon.
Any ideas?? Owner suggested moving seat back a couple of inches, but that seems like a lot of work and doubt it would help much.
Any other boats along the same line fit for us taller guys?
I am just over 6' and around the same weight. I also looked at the 29 Fountain and had the same problem. Boat felt real small to me.

Since you are looking at a 1990 model. Are you stuck on the fountain name? If not look at the Baja 280. Much bigger boat inside and out. I fit in my bolster great, and with the way the windsheild is set up I can just put my feet against the wall below the dash lean back in the bolster and don't even get wind in my face. It's also perfect for your legs on those rough water days. Should be a perfect fit for you.

Other wise go ahead and cut holes in the floor on the Fountain...
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
I am just over 6' and around the same weight. I also looked at the 29 Fountain and had the same problem. Boat felt real small to me.

Since you are looking at a 1990 model. Are you stuck on the fountain name? If not look at the Baja 280. Much bigger boat inside and out. I fit in my bolster great, and with the way the windsheild is set up I can just put my feet against the wall below the dash lean back in the bolster and don't even get wind in my face. It's also perfect for your legs on those rough water days. Should be a perfect fit for you.

Other wise go ahead and cut holes in the floor on the Fountain...
Thx for the input.
I'm not stuck on Fountain but I do have a chance for a great deal on one locally. Single owner, always stored in heated garage, very well maintained, extra goodies, etc.

I do like the cabin and cockpits on the Baja 280's. Wish the eng cover/sun pad was a little bigger, but I suppose every config has it's pros and cons. Looking around I can only find 280 Sport models. Whats the difference between the Sport and Force models?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

What you need is a Velocity. My wife who is not that tall, tried the seats in a 29 Fountain and laughed. Told me no way would we ever buy one. Suited me as I too like the Velocity seats and cockpit much better.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts
on the plus side it will fit on a 26 foot trailer..... sorry had to say it.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Registered

A 28 AT is your best bet for a deep cockpit single screw boat. Most in that size are borderline sit down boats
Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

I've had single screw boats for 22 years. I'm ready for a twin.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Registered

Right on. When I think of 29' I think single.

Last edited by POWERPLAY J; 02-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.