Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Good Boating Music (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29155-good-boating-music.html)

LakeRacer 07-20-2002 12:07 AM

I think we've done this before...

Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Guess Who, Cream, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, Sly and the Family Stone

Def Leppard, Motely Crue, Warrant, Van Halen, Journey, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Billy Squire, Foghat, Queen, ELO, Meat Loaf, Billy Idol, REO Speedwagon, Joe Satriani, Night Ranger, Poison, Twisted Sister, Ratt, Quiet Riot

Shall I go On?

Guess I'm showing my age:D :D :D

I'm with you.....No Rap.

Julio 07-20-2002 12:42 AM

music

LakeRacer,
If you are showing your age, then we must be close to the same age. I like and have just about everyone you named!
Also thanks to the rest of you for the suggestions.
I've downloaded some of the music as suggested, made a CD and will try it out on our boat ride to New Orleans in the morning.

SunseekerNY 07-20-2002 03:26 AM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Alice Cooper :D:D:D
Please refresh my memory. It wasn't Larry Hook, but it was the guy, I think Mike that raced with him. It was the year that Dale Earnheardt won the Daytona, and a bunch of us were sitting watching the race at the tiki bar at Islemarada during the Miami Boat Show. Mike told us this story about this guy who used to play "air" drums every time he came out on the boat. Six months later, he found out his weekend guest was the drummer for Alice Cooper - true story.

All my best regards,
Jennifer

SunseekerNY 07-20-2002 03:30 AM

I remembered. His name is Mike Raguso.

He raced APBA in 97/98

Laveyman 07-20-2002 03:32 AM

No collection would be complete without a "Best of Jimmy Buffet" CD. :cool:

Indy 07-20-2002 08:59 AM

Best Boating Music...A Pair of Merc 900s :D :eek:

Consintracy 07-20-2002 09:04 AM

I know alot of people get into Jimmy Buffet...But, I can't stand the stuff!!!! It's like every song sounds the same!!!!
I thought I'd heard AC/DC songs over & over too much...But, Jimmy Buffet is just waaaaaay too much!!!!!

I get into alot of different music...Everything from Harry Conick Jr. to Primer55 to G.Love & Special Sauce to Nelly....But, someone pass me some tranquilizer's if Jimmy Buffet is playing!!!!!!!!!

rockstrmkr 07-20-2002 09:12 AM

Not to want to open a can of worms here, but downloading music for free from the file sharing sites steals money directly out of artists pockets.
Go to Best Buy and spend the $10 on a CD.
All the best,
Hans

Erie Desire 07-20-2002 09:25 AM

How about triple 2.5 mercs running 7000rpm. Now thats music;)

Gumbydammit 07-20-2002 09:41 AM

Download all the music you want, just become a member of the bands fan club and they get more money than if you bought the CD!

ISREAL VIBRATION! If you like da roots mon, den dis be fe you mon!

Alpha Blondy (more good RAAAAAGAAA!)

Peter Tosh (Try reggae mylitis in your search...good tune)

non-ragaaa....... THe doobies allways seem to be right.
Steely Dan and most of Donald ***en's solo stuff gets people toe tappin.

Dusty Springfield "Son of a preacher man"......Play it for the ladies and see what happens (some tunes are timeless)

How about some live Dead?? Tons of shows on the net, some pretty good quality....... Perfect for night play

Here is another one........UB40, long before they became a cover band. Find an album called "Live with energy"

Screw that rap crap. A ghetto boy with a bad voice and a computer.........are you for real??