Florida Powerboat Club Launches Safety Initiative >

Florida Powerboat Club Launches Safety Initiative

Notices

Florida Powerboat Club Launches Safety Initiative

Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the media and the Powerboating in Paradise and the videos and the magazines etc. could be minimized. That would cut costs and create ways to use the existing revenue for the safety initiative instead of being required to increase fees... Just a thought!

And you guys need to get off the "Lining his pockets" rhetoric as Stu is a good guy and trying to run a successful business that many of us enjoy very much and would miss if it was gone!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Every one keeps saying how much this run is, I just looked

$250 To join club

$750 To do run , plus passengers

$150-250 Safety fee

$100 +/- slip per night

$150-350 for Hotel room

The actual run is only about $1200.00 , the rest is a vacation. If you really wanted to do it on the cheap you could sleep on boat, its not like me go there to watch TV. Unless I'm missing something.

1200 just to be able to drive my boat is insane to me. That's 2 tanks of fuel an I haven't even cranked it up. Lol. I understand a 250 entry fee for a run but I like when that money goes to a charity. I have not done a poker run in my boat yet. Have done em on my bike. Right now the bike ones win. A fleet of us just cruising from stop to stop to benefit a charity is a good time. I don't think I could ever be persuaded to spend 1200 for the priveledge of riding next to other boats.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I would never do a PR without a charity benefactor. I think the whole focus has always been fund raising for a good cause. I could not understand how so many would participate in a "for profit" event. Just my 2c
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Some of the media and the Powerboating in Paradise and the videos and the magazines etc. could be minimized. That would cut costs and create ways to use the existing revenue for the safety initiative instead of being required to increase fees... Just a thought!

And you guys need to get off the "Lining his pockets" rhetoric as Stu is a good guy and trying to run a successful business that many of us enjoy very much and would miss if it was gone!!
You have some good ideas about how to cut costs, a lot of the stuff he does isn't really necessary and he can utilize or allocate those funds to different areas or use it to off set the costs of the extra safety, if in fact its actually a mandate of the insurance company or companies. But he does, line his pockets from the money he gets doing the runs, it's a fact. He doesn't do it out of the kindness of his heart for free like SCOPE or bunch of other organizations or clubs across the US. And I never said that there's anything wrong with that, and never said he was a bad guy. I don't know him, and I'm not judging. There's nothing wrong about what he does. I said I entered a poker run of his once and wasn't impressed, and a lot of other people aren't either, they share the same thoughts, that it's not worth it. I don't mind dropping some big coin, pay to play, and I've dropped some coin at SCOPE events and poker runs of theirs, and many others like it by other organizations, but the money goes to expenses and charity, wonderful charities. Not into one guys personal pocket. So personally, I'd rather help a charity. And I also think that making the larger, faster boats pay and not everyone, kind of sounds like Obama and our government. I kind of get tired of the attitude of those who have it a little better can give more. Anyway, just my 2 cents..
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
you have some good ideas about how to cut costs, a lot of the stuff he does isn't really necessary and he can utilize or allocate those funds to different areas or use it to off set the costs of the extra safety, if in fact its actually a mandate of the insurance company or companies. But he does, line his pockets from the money he gets doing the runs, it's a fact. He doesn't do it out of the kindness of his heart for free like scope or bunch of other organizations or clubs across the us. And i never said that there's anything wrong with that, and never said he was a bad guy. I don't know him, and i'm not judging. There's nothing wrong about what he does. I said i entered a poker run of his once and wasn't impressed, and a lot of other people aren't either, they share the same thoughts, that it's not worth it. I don't mind dropping some big coin, pay to play, and i've dropped some coin at scope events and poker runs of theirs, and many others like it by other organizations, but the money goes to expenses and charity, wonderful charities. Not into one guys personal pocket. So personally, i'd rather help a charity. And i also think that making the larger, faster boats pay and not everyone, kind of sounds like obama and our government. I kind of get tired of the attitude of those who have it a little better can give more. Anyway, just my 2 cents..
+1
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I see nothing wrong with someone making a living doing what they enjoy, thats the american way/dream. Stu provides a service. How well and how economically viable he provides that service plays a large part in whether people choose to use his service, which inturn effects his income. That to is the american way, free enterprise.

My offer stands, simply because I like boat rides
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Cost for Poker Run or Fun Run from Ft Myers (my home area)

Code:
Florida Powerboat                  Poker Runs Am.                   Fort Myers Offshore
  Join    250                                   -0-                                      60-150
  event 750                                   750                                     100 each for 2 events
 safety 250                          early registration                     4 other events=donation
____________                       ____________                         _____________
       $1250                                 $500                              6 events for under $500
Yes this year I will do the FPC and the PRA and some FMO.
I have had fun at all of these venues, next year though I may have to adjust my event plans.

Last edited by Kat Krazy; 02-20-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: columns not organized
Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Greg, sorry but doing the roundy- round in a lake is not the same as running our coast from Lauderdale to Key West.

The price for Jacksonville or Lanier is worth about half of Key West or the Bahamas, agreed?

Stu should adjust the prices based on the water.
Lanier isnt FPC and the cost is $100.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

I have decided to delete all of my posts that may have sounded negative. The facts are presented and so be it.

The FPC is Stu's BUSINESS and he can run it as he sees fit, for better or worse.

I'll leave my personal thoughts behind my keyboard.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Is it possible FPC is charging a $250 additional fee for the 110-150mph boats based on the risk assessment and costs by his insurer for those boats ? Sorta a sliding scale to insure the boats in his event ?
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.