Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Block 502...not just for marine use! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29179-big-block-502-not-just-marine-use.html)

mlitefan 07-20-2002 10:45 AM

Big Block 502...not just for marine use!

I just can't believe this!!! WOOOOHOOOO! :D

How in the hell do you even get on this thing???

God Bless America!

cashmoney 07-20-2002 11:20 AM

One hell of a thing. Probably not pratical for anything but standing around it drinking beer and looking at it

www.bosshoss.com

Steve 1 07-20-2002 12:00 PM

Looking at the HP to Weight its like 1.64 # per Horse that thing is fast !

Best Regards:)

99Hammer 07-20-2002 01:27 PM

They make them here in TN, Close to Kentucky lake. Paris, TN. Have never seen one on the road though.

Waterfoul 07-20-2002 01:34 PM

Oh yeah!!! 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Quarter mile in 8 seconds flat at 140 mph, and it gets 30 mpg on the freeway!!!!!

Wonder what it's tow rating is??? :D :D

C_Spray 07-21-2002 12:28 AM

But.....

1) Where do they get 4-valve SOHC heads for a BBC?

2) If it's got all that power, how come it's only 30 mph faster than the rice rocket?

3) If you screw up, how in the h$## do you pick it up?

I know - stupid questions.

gofastboater 07-21-2002 04:20 AM

There was a guy in Muskegon who brought one to the Muskegon Summer Celebration. I think the owner is a local jewler in town. I can tell you guys that this think was sweeeet!!!! I think he only had the measly 350 in her though!! Sheech.... Ive ridden big Harleys before, but this thing was wide....and looked heavy.

Their ad was right. There was at least ten people standing around it talking about the Boss Hoss. I overheard a toothless guy who claimed he was a mechanic and he said that he had one with a blower on it!! Yea right, he couln't afford a dentist let along a bike!!! LOL....

Chuck, your right...I wouldn't know how to pick that thing up if it got laid down....call a wrecker I guess:(

Hey Foul, I bet that thing would pull harder than our Dodge's:D

Jim

Payton 07-21-2002 09:47 AM

We went on a ride last fall, about 500 or so bikes. there was one Boss Hoss. He made it five miles when his fuel pump broke. The put it on a trailer and took him to where we finished up.

I'm not saying they are bad. I think it would be cool to have one. I was looking foreward to riding beside him for part of the ride. He stared just a few bikes aaway from me.

mlitefan 07-21-2002 10:09 AM

From what I was told, you better not goose it on the line...The torque will lay it over if you are not moving!

A big boys toy for sure...

mcollinstn 07-21-2002 12:54 PM

Friend of mine has one.
Just the little stinking smallblock 300HP version.
Sounds great!
Like was mentioned, if you put it in neutral and goose it, it leans way over on its side from the torque reaction of the motor.

Corners only well enough to get around town. Does actually turn pretty sharp in parking lots (more so than most sportbikes with fairings).

The weenie 300hp version WILL do a burnout. Friend did say he had an opportunity to ride a 450 horse 502 version that would just boil the hide whenever and wherever you twisted the grip.

He says it is a fun toy, but only a so-so bike from a riding perspective.