Notices

opinions need on 2 boats

Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took my dash from this:

To this for less than $300 (I would NEVER let a dash be a part of the decisioning on a boat):

Last edited by Powerquest_Baby!!; 02-23-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fctyson0
does this sound like a good deal?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

It would be a good deal.. but why does it have a 502 in it??

01 they started using 496's... unless it got one of the last 502??

Either way... depending on that answer.. I would say yes!!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
Just moved from a Baja 252, to a Baja 342 (sanme as 33OL) and WOW at the cock pit room
No boat built has the space of a Baja, period... all the Bajas have the most room for the size...
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by outlawfun
People that havnn't been on a Baja don't give Baja enough credit. The people that have had a Baja know there good boats and have very little problems. I'm on my second, first was a 29 outlaw and had it for 5 years no problems now have a 36 and put 70 hours on it last year with no problems. Bajas cockpit space is hands down better than any other line and the fit and finish there is no diffrerent than formula. The cabin is also the largest in it's size but will say formulas fit and finish there is better. You wont notice any difference in ride but will like the bigger motors better. Steps don't help the ride they will help the speed but will also turn alot different ( sometimes not for the better) A true deep v is like driving a Caddy and you know what to excpect. The Bajas have been pricing out better than the formulas and the fountains in the mid 90's to early 2000's.
I agree, I pout my 320 through abuse that was insane, and as rotted as it was... it didnt fall apart, I give lots of credit there, I think overall quality in Bajas and Formulas are the about the same, some better then others in both lines...being I am on Lake Erie there are tons of Bajas around, they were built an hour away... and there are a ton of Formulas here too...been on many of both boats...

space the Baja has more, I would for sure stay away from liner Bajas and molded platform Bajas, I think the outlaw series has the most room, the platfiorm boats you loe space like other models..

My favorite Formula fom that era is the 311, best all around Formula built back then... great boats!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I love how Baja owners are sticking up for Baja and everyone else said formula.
I dont own either but I think both can be good boats, all depends in the boat itself.. and how it was kept..
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I dont own either but I think both can be good boats, all depends in the boat itself.. and how it was kept..
I have to agree that both boats will be fine and it's so true about how people take care of their boats. I see alot of people on the lake with nice boats but don't take care of them, they beat on them, don't cover them and never clean the interior. If they treat the exterior like that you know there not keeping up with motor and drive services and then complain when they break down. never understood paying alot of money for a boat and then treating it like s... !