Notices

crazy boat ramp pics

Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man! thats a lot of coin slipping into the water. I dont feel as bad now, guess ill use a crane when its available haha
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 21eagle
Hey Gino what happened there
Tide was dead low and trailer was at the edge of the ramp. When I tried to drive the boat off the trailer, it wasn't budging. Not enough water under boat.

So what is the intelligent thing to do? Let the 2,200 hp power it off!
I gave it gas in reverse and the boat started to move a little bit. I gave it some more gas and really started to move. I was looking behind me to see if i was turning up a lot of mud.
When I looked forward I saw the truck and trailer was also backing in with me.

I put the boat in forward and floored it, trying to push the truck back up the ramp. It worked for a second until the truck started jack knifing. once there wasn't any more tension on the the truck due to the angle, the whole rig slid backwards.

Thank God the angle the truck was, it ended up with the bumper caching the last piling. 2 more inches and I would have lost the truck.

I guy watching offered to pull me out. I didn't want to shut the engine. I got in the water to get a tow strap out of the side compartment. unfortunately, the exhaust (which was bubbling like the worlds strongest jacuzzi was directly under the compartment I had to go into. As soon as I opened the door, all my tools and other stuff got washed out out of the compartment and got scattered all over the ramp.

While I'm trying to pick up all of my tools, here comes my buddy that connivently went to the bathroom as I was putting the boat in the water. (He's and older guy and loves giving me some of his worldly wisdom he has acquired over the past 70 years!).

I'm in the water up to my nipples. Truck bubbling away, crap floating everywhere, my arms full of tools and he says..

Gino, you really shouldn't back in so far.... it's not good for the truck.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Tide was dead low and trailer was at the edge of the ramp. When I tried to drive the boat off the trailer, it wasn't budging. Not enough water under boat.

So what is the intelligent thing to do? Let the 2,200 hp power it off!
I gave it gas in reverse and the boat started to move a little bit. I gave it some more gas and really started to move. I was looking behind me to see if i was turning up a lot of mud.
When I looked forward I saw the truck and trailer was also backing in with me.

I put the boat in forward and floored it, trying to push the truck back up the ramp. It worked for a second until the truck started jack knifing. once there wasn't any more tension on the the truck due to the angle, the whole rig slid backwards.

Thank God the angle the truck was, it ended up with the bumper caching the last piling. 2 more inches and I would have lost the truck.

I guy watching offered to pull me out. I didn't want to shut the engine. I got in the water to get a tow strap out of the side compartment. unfortunately, the exhaust (which was bubbling like the worlds strongest jacuzzi was directly under the compartment I had to go into. As soon as I opened the door, all my tools and other stuff got washed out out of the compartment and got scattered all over the ramp.

While I'm trying to pick up all of my tools, here comes my buddy that connivently went to the bathroom as I was putting the boat in the water. (He's and older guy and loves giving me some of his worldly wisdom he has acquired over the past 70 years!).

I'm in the water up to my nipples. Truck bubbling away, crap floating everywhere, my arms full of tools and he says..

Gino, you really shouldn't back in so far.... it's not good for the truck.
God that had to suck... I had a situation last summer my trailer fell off side a little... So when I pulled it out it went sideways... Trapping my trailer between cement wall and dock... 4 guys and I went in and picked trailer up and put it straight!! Thank god air in tires helped trailer be light...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Had to go find the guy down on the pier fishing so he could move his car so I could use the ramp. There is also a sign on the pier, no fishing or crabbing.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname

Had to go find the guy down on the pier fishing so he could move his car so I could use the ramp. There is also a sign on the pier, no fishing or crabbing.
Those guys make me see red.. lol.
I had an incident where there was a pontoon boat parked right at the dock section where you launch. The worst part was the people were just hanging out at the beach beside the ramp and there is plenty of other dock space specifically for that. It took a 500million point turn to get out and around them in SHALLOW water trimmed right up. I would have lost my mind but the woman breastfeeding on the boat would have made ME look like the aggressive A-hole.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

How about this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-dASrLqKc
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Registered

^ that's funny right there
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Registered

X2 lmfao!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Lol. My buddy used to do that years ago with his Jeep Wrangler. He bought my old Kawi 550SX stand-up, removed the passenger side front seat, and just drove around with the thing in there! At the ramp, he'd back the Jeep into the water, open the tailgate, and let it out! It was awesome.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

I have no pictures of this but i was fishing buy by the ramp at silver wood lake cali back in 1992 ,i could not see the boats going in and out as i was behind a pile of boulders.
all of a sudden my nephew shouted out paul qwick look at this ,
I then heard somone shout ,get out the truck
By the time i got round there i just saw the back end of the truck go under
There was a boat just sitting there and all sorts of stuff floating around the boat life jackets fuel tanks a woman with her face in her hands standing on the ramp .
Then this other guy walks up from the other side of the ramp and shouts to his friend standing next to me WHAT HAPPEND and the guy next to me shouts back I THINK HE's WASHING IT . They would never get the truck and trailer back that lake is hundreds of feet deep .
t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.