A picture says a thousand words... LOL >

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Notices

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
By the way, they'll build you one with out the pod if that's what the customer desires. DCB is after all a "Custom" boat manufacturer. Whatever you want, they'll build it....custom.
who wants to be that guinea pig, when you can buy from companies that have built hundreds
Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me first say that the 41 DCB is one of the most beautiful well rigged boats in existence. I had a chance thanks to the owner to crawl around on it and see the wonderful job they did on that boat while on the docks in Miami. Innovation and excellence is what comes to mind sitting in the M41.

Now do I think a similar sized / powered MTI or Skater will leave it in the dust.... YUP! Flat, Chop, Kilo, rough, top end... doesn't matter!

Now if you take them down to the street or dock and say which one is the best looking boat and a great boat for poker runs, pleasure, or any other use you could dream up then I couldn't argue but pure speed it wouldn't hold a candle.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Veni vidi vici

Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Registered

Dave is just a cheerleader for DCB... He wants everybody to drink his cool aid...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 2,830 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
who wants to be that guinea pig, when you can buy from companies that have built hundreds
Looks like the first "guinea pig" worked out just fine. 175 out of the box. just sayin'

Last edited by thisistank; 02-23-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered

All I know is Tony delivered what he said on the docks. "People keep knocking the DCB's and I keep proving it on the water and finish every run and then give 50+ demo rides". Boat looked awesome and obviously performed the same. I'm glad it helps to keep pushing the envelope for everyone out there. Kudos to DCB!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
All I know is Tony delivered what he said on the docks. "People keep knocking the DCB's and I keep proving it on the water and finish every run and then give 50+ demo rides". Boat looked awesome and obviously performed the same. I'm glad it helps to keep pushing the envelope for everyone out there. Kudos to DCB!
Well Said!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pstorti
Probably someone looking to stand out in a crowd.

As probably one of the few that have owned both a DCB (10 years ago however) and now a new Skater, I can say first hand that they are both great boats, just with different ways of achieving the same goal: customer satisfaction.
I would put DCB's rigging and attention to detail with or above everyone else's including Skater and MTI. Dave is a detail freak and his boats are works of art in the rigging and finish department. Pete at Skater is a race boat builder that probably has the fastest hulls out there (not including specialty builders like Mystic, that a horse of a different color), and Randy at MTI puts out a complete package of both rigging details and fast hulls that defies the imagination!

The point is I for one am glad we all can have a choice of some of the best, most incredible boats out there by these guys competing for our dollars!
Congrats to DCB for entering the bigger boat market and I look forward to seeing what their new boat will do sans pod!

Keep drinking the Kool-aid RD, the flavor gets better all the
time!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered

I have been rigging my own boats for 50 years and I thought I was pretty good at it until my best buddy had Dave build him a 21' Eliminator with twin 2.5s back in 1991.

I made the trip with him to pick up the boat. We spent 2 days in the shop as it was being finished and I was blown away by the detail work. As soon as I got home I tore my twin apart and started over.

The next year I went to the Miami show and spent two days looking at the level of rigging in all the major boat lines. I can tell you none were even close DCB workmanship.

I think all boaters owe Dave a thumbs up as he set the bar, that as time progressed, all the majors have stepped up to. You will not find a performance boat built today that is not exceptionally rigged.

My buddy has bought 7 more from Dave since the 21' and has another in construction now. All of them have been amazing.

LT
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

LARGE

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.