Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Milwaukee on Sunday!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29196-milwaukee-sunday.html)

jbrauer 07-22-2002 06:01 PM

Just got back from the Sturgeon Bay Poker Run last weekend. If you are able to make the Green Bay side of the penisula be sure to check out Nicolet Bay. About 200 boats in a big sand bottom bay with about 3' of crystal clear water. It is the spot to anchor and enjoy the sun, water, and freinds! It is near Sister Bay in Door County.

Have fun!!:)

Consintracy 07-22-2002 10:57 PM

What a day!!!! It was HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!! We motored up to Racine first...It was beautiful!!!!! It was like 2-3 w/occasional 4 ft. waves...FUN FUN FUN!!! Perfect actually!!! Then, my friend (Miranda) who'd never been on a powerboat, decided she was more of a pontoon girl-with her head between her legs!!!! OH NO...not good!!!!!
We anchored inside a break-wall and chilled for about an hour or two and headed into Milwaukee for some lunch/dinner. As we were motoring back Miranda decides she's getting used to it and gives the thumbs up to go fast!!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!
So, we were cruisin' along and it's beautiful out...then, all of a sudden it hits us like a brick wall....it's "suddenly" like 25 degrees warmer!!!!! Like a blowdryer on the hottest setting-it was a freak!!!
Then, we get to the inlet where ya' enter into the city (nice little cruise btw.-through the city). And a patrol boat approaches us and say's we can't enter for another 2hrs because, there was an airshow ready to start...BONUS for the day!!!!!! So, we watched the air show, which was really exciting...but, the heat got too hot for us girls and we turned the fans on in the cabin and took a nap for the next 1/2 hr. till we could get into the city...what a relief!!!
Todd & Brian watched the rest of the airshow.
We ate dinner at...Ummmm we can never remember the name of the restaurant...but, they make their own beer...all's we know is they serve Really good food!!
All in all....GREAT DAY!!!
Cord & Mrs. Cord~ We got your note off of the truck...we'll try to give more of a warning before we splash the boat so, we can hook up!!! LOL...Yeah, the truck should be YELLOW!!!!!
I'm rambling aren't I!?!? I've been messed up from that heat yesterday!!!!! Now, I know how a person could go insane in the heat!!!! "Wilson....":p

hp500efi 07-23-2002 06:59 AM

Tracy, you probably ate at the Milwaukee Ale House? or the Rock Bottom Brewery?.........Ale House is the better of the two ;)

Jeff

Cord 07-23-2002 08:54 AM

Rock bottom is further up the road and is on the west side. The ale house is by the rail road bridge and is on the east side. Either one is a real nice restraunt, but hp is right in that the ale house is better. Cheaper too.

Glad you guys had a good time! We were sure wishing we could get out because it did look like the perfect boating day.

We too have experienced those warm spots. I think that it's a area where theres a offshore breeze carrying some warm air over the cooler lake. It's really amazing how the temperature can vary.

EX20 07-23-2002 10:46 AM

Waterfoul,

McKinley Marina tore down a large portion of the tall docks and put in floating docks. Everything is brand new and set up really well. They plan on doing the rest by next season. You should definitely check it out there now. My friend has his 33ft cruiser on F Dock.

They are finally putting some money into fixing things up.