Notices

fastest single engine cat

Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paging Steve Tripp.
Does anyone know what the red rpm 26 with the #6 on the back ever ran? I would bet that the Nordic 27 that was mentioned, Steve Tripp's personal RPM 26 and Brendan's PSI racing supra powered eliminator 25 would be the boats to watch for.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I own a SS anything you want to see let me know.

As far as speed...I have a 600SCI in mine ran it stock all last year. The best i hit was 97 with two people and half tank of fuel water was perfectly smooth. On July 5th I had a good head wind a 1 foot chop full of fuel with four people and two coolers and hit 94, i think i could have hit 100 that day if i pushed everyone out, but if's and buts are candy and nuts right.

Going to do the stg 2 kit from whipple this year and get that 100 deal that my ego is pressing me on.
Interesting - I think there must be more in it - maybe setup is an issue. My 30 Spectre hit 96.4 gps with the old 260s on it. Two people, half tank. With more hp and less drag in the water, I'd think you should be over 100 any day.

End of hijack. LOL

Last edited by X-Rated30; 02-24-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Paging Steve Tripp.
Does anyone know what the red rpm 26 with the #6 on the back ever ran? I would bet that the Nordic 27 that was mentioned, Steve Tripp's personal RPM 26 and Brendan's PSI racing supra powered eliminator 25 would be the boats to watch for.
Stay tuned but its going to be faster than people think
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by La/stryker
do you know which outdrive he is running? upper and lower?
SCX upper / not sure on lower, but maybe SC

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Donzi
I am the guy that throttles the 28ss for Buck,it has never ran 151,YET,the best it has done so far is 146,that what the gps said when we ran our last run at Loto and they radar us at 148,that is the last time the boat has been in the water.
Buck has Gary doin some more work to it rite now and we are lookin to beat our last years record,what i can tell yeah is i am very impressed how the boat handled at 146,it is very cape-able to go faster...
I'm gonna stick my foot up Thane's ass when I see him.. LOL He told me the boat already ran 151. Unless maybe that wasn't for public consumption?

RD
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Paging Steve Tripp.
Appreciate mentioning my 25 Daytona.... Gotta give tons of credit to Buck and the 28 Nordic...That thing is moving... as for my setup, I just put together a new motor with some slight changes. We will be at Desert Storm 100% to see what the new set up can do, should be alot of fun and looking forward to meet all the west coast guys!!! Stay Tuned guys, should be an interesting 2013!!!

Regards,
Brendan
PSIRacing
Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RiverDave
SCX upper / not sure on lower, but maybe SC

I'm gonna stick my foot up Thane's ass when I see him.. LOL He told me the boat already ran 151. Unless maybe that wasn't for public consumption?

RD
i wouldnt be surprised with that number (151)
i also wouldnt be surprised if steve beats the crap out of his 2012 number next yr. the rpm hauls the mail, per hp that boat is fast. i wanted one but the wife said buy used and cheaper. although his boats are a bargin for what you get. thx steve for all the info in the past, im whipped, the wife is the boss. lol
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by psi
Appreciate mentioning my 25 Daytona.... Gotta give tons of credit to Buck and the 28 Nordic...That thing is moving... as for my setup, I just put together a new motor with some slight changes. We will be at Desert Storm 100% to see what the new set up can do, should be alot of fun and looking forward to meet all the west coast guys!!! Stay Tuned guys, should be an interesting 2013!!!

Regards,
Brendan
PSIRacing
congrats again on the boat, ive seen all the videos on youtube. i still want to run the fl keys with yall, maybe one day. i have no idea how yall squeeze that power out of the i-6. although ive seen many supra's on youtube with a crap ton of power. im hoping the new carson brummit motor will wake up the htm ss24, unfortunataly my random work schedual keeps me from many of the events.

Last edited by La/stryker; 02-24-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 PM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by La/stryker
congrats again on the boat, ive seen all the videos on youtube. i still want to run the fl keys with yall, maybe one day. i have no idea how yall squeeze that power out of the i-6. although ive seen many supra's on youtube with a crap ton of power.
Appreciate it La/stryker... it hasnt been all that easy getting our baby inline 6 to run that #... I couldnt be happier and all the great support weve gotten... Hope everyone has seen the spring issue of Sportboat were we made the last paper copy with a full feature!! and let mee know when you come south and we will hit up the keys, great boating water!!!

Regards,
Brendan
PSIRacing

Last edited by psi; 02-25-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Registered

Can't wait to see the new power . Artie
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Interesting - I think there must be more in it - maybe setup is an issue. My 30 Spectre hit 96.4 gps with the old 260s on it. Two people, half tank. With more hp and less drag in the water, I'd think you should be over 100 any day.

End of hijack. LOL
I was at 8000 feet.

JK

Last edited by JD Dearden; 02-25-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.