Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Commentary: Amped Up on Cigarette’s Electric Top Gun >

Commentary: Amped Up on Cigarette’s Electric Top Gun

Notices

Commentary: Amped Up on Cigarette’s Electric Top Gun

Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just got the first one at the other store Friday and its a street model. That store is more city, we are getting the dirt ones in soon. I had a track in the woods near my house but our big YZ's are to loud for it, I miss not riding, did it for a good workout so if I can get 45 minutes to an hour of good laps in a day it will be better than the gym for me anyway. The duel module one says it will run about that long so I will let you know how it works out. I know it won't match a 450 but it has to be better than a tread mill, plus if I know I only have s much time I will put in the laps. It's easy to get lazy when you have to load up and go somewhere.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMG Cig

QC? They cut some corners on the water intake channels.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Default Pics

Pics
Attached Thumbnails -cig1.jpg   -cig4.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Let's get one thing straight Matt...the color is awesome.
No doubt, total agreement there!

I think it is an awesome concept and I think it is great someone took this step. It's not the answer, but it is a step on the way.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Reminds me of 30 years ago when I was 12 and I got my first high performance R/C car. Cost a ton, spend 2 days building it then play with it for 5 minutes, charge it overnight then 5 minutes of fun. Spend the next 12 months and 10 times what it first cost on better batteries and chargers and things to make them last longer. Then I got smart took the controller and servos out put them in a GAS car and I still have it and it works and I decide when I am done playing.

I understand stuff like this needs to be done and its a learning curve but until it better in everyway and cheaper than a gas one I will stick with gas.
The Grasshopper or the Frog? LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Reminds me of 30 years ago when I was 12 and I got my first high performance R/C car. Cost a ton, spend 2 days building it then play with it for 5 minutes, charge it overnight then 5 minutes of fun. Spend the next 12 months and 10 times what it first cost on better batteries and chargers and things to make them last longer. Then I got smart took the controller and servos out put them in a GAS car and I still have it and it works and I decide when I am done playing.

I understand stuff like this needs to be done and its a learning curve but until it better in everyway and cheaper than a gas one I will stick with gas.
I agree with you, all this is nice and I'm glad they are pushing the envelope with this technology, but I'll take my old school gasoline engine in my boat and my RC boat anyday. It's cool to me.
I appreciate though the engineering that goes into trying to solve a problem like this. Maybe I'll be happy some day when Obama turns his sights on banning engines like ours and I have some alternative to gas.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

It was the Hornet for me.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

What somebody should do first is build a 30 foot pontoon boat that cost no more than $50k will run 8 hours on a charge and has a top speed of 40mph. That I would buy right now. To me seeing all that in a new Top Gun is like watching a crash test on a million dollar car. But I like high performance stuff more than some people , and that hull will be nothing more than a test mule for its life.

Like I said in another post I work on and sell electric stuff and I like the Gem car , and since we are close to Quantico we build a bunch of stuff for them and they now have remote control EV Rangers for bomb removal with robotic arms and stuff. So that saves lives and we sure need that.
Nothing says fun like seeing someone's face when they are sitting in it and it takes off without anyone behind the wheel. They wouldn't leave us the controller but the FBI guys have a good since of humor.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

This project tells me that the people at Cigarette are not REAL boaters - just a bunch of FAKES!!!!!
No WAY could a REAL boater build THAT and NOT get it WET!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

One of the primary objectives of any "commentary" is to provoke thoughtful discussion. There is a lot of that in this thread. Really good stuff, informative and fun to read.

(And sure, there's a few jokes and goofs here and there, but this is message board, after all. A little fun is part of the equation.)

Carry on, gentlemen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.