Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know this 38 fountain in MO? >

Anyone know this 38 fountain in MO?

Notices

Anyone know this 38 fountain in MO?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at this boat in person. It is by no means "MINT" but for the price it aint bad at all. couple small fiberglass repairs needed, and the trim tabs have been notched to clear the drives when turning sharp. All in all I would rate it a 6/10 simply because the price is right and i'm not scared to do the work myself. I would have bought it but my wife insists our next boat be a 42'. Hope this helps. BTW the cabin is ok, needs new carpet but descent.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

What is the severity of fiberglass work and where is it located? And was it at its current location when you looked at it?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by proboat-wes
heartland marine is a very reputable boat seller and always makes sure the boats are in good condition and priced right,my shop is located 1 1/2 mile from him,know him personally.any questions you can call him {jason or brandon} and they will answer any question anyone hasyou can also have a mechanical inspection of which i always recomend ,wes of proboat marine
Looking at his inventory I saw the Pirate 42 PR, have you seen that one in person lately?
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Run-101821682

I always loved that boat but it has made the rounds through several dealers over the years (probably helps explain the low hours). I think it is the best paint ever put on a Fountain!

Didn't want to derail the original poster's thread but it seemed his questions were answered.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja29outlaw99
What is the severity of fiberglass work and where is it located? And was it at its current location when you looked at it?
On the rear starboard corner there was a half dollar size chunk missing. Assume from a dock... also on starboard side there was a gouge in side about halfway up "also dock rash". Nothing that can't be fixed easily, nor effect the integrity of boat. I believe the boat is still in same location. It had just been brought up from Oklahoma when we looked at it, and hadn't even been cleaned. I was told that one motor was replaced, and the other inspected. I didn't sea trial it due to it was a Sunday. If you look on Lake of the ozarks Craigslist there are a ton more Pics. Search Fountain...