Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami... >

Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...

Notices

Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...

Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...

One month from now I'll be rolling south to go pick up my Active Thunder in Pompano and will be spending a couple days floating around down there.

Any suggestions for marinas to stay at, restaurants/bars to visit in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami? Probably be launching in Pompano and leaving the truck and trailer while we harbor-hop to the south...

Also, will I need to get reservations for slips in those places?

Thanks,
mike
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also interested
Old 02-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too sure about Marina's as I live here, but I would definitely check for reservations first. How far south do you plan to go, lots to do between Pompano and the keys. If you do want to hang around Pompano and maybe head a bit North, that is where we usually boat. There is 2 georges(at the cove, and in Boynton), Banana Boat, Key Lime house, several others, and a few sandbars we frequent. Let me know when your gonna be around, and maybe we can meet up.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Montys Restaurant in Miami near Port and Duffys in N Miami on Intercoastal. Maybe ride down to Elliott Key.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

In Ft Lauderdale make sure and grab a bite and a beer at 15th strert fisheries.

We always make sure and stop in when in town.

http://m.15streetfisheries.com/?url=...sheries.com%2F
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
In Ft Lauderdale make sure and grab a bite and a beer at 15th strert fisheries.

We always make sure and stop in when in town.

http://m.15streetfisheries.com/?url=...sheries.com%2F
I agree, the link you posted appears to be for a mobile app, so here is the real one

http://15streetfisheries.com/

Also Southport Raw Bar just around the corner, and both just inside port Everglades.

http://www.southportrawbar.com/
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I stay at the Bahia Mar in Fort lauder Beach. You can get rooms that overlook the marina and intercoastal. walking distance to Las Olas restauants and shopping.

Another great place is the Hyat Pier 66 right across the intercoast from 15th Street Fisheries. Great views of intercoastal and mega yachts.

Monty's in Miami is a must. I stay in Coconut Grove at the Marriot Monty's Coconut Grove is right on the water an within walking distance. Stop in to Grove Harbour Marina and stop by the GTMM office for a look at the first GTMM 39'. I used to live and work in the Grove, great place to mellow out .
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I agree, the link you posted appears to be for a mobile app, so here is the real one

http://15streetfisheries.com/

Also Southport Raw Bar just around the corner, and both just inside port Everglades.

http://www.southportrawbar.com/
Love the rawbar by boat. Plus the ramp is right there on 15th I think. That use to be the hot spot. Bahi Cabana not far either. Also New River area for nighttime tie up and club action. Don't need a car to get around there. Fort Lauderdale minicipal marina off Las Olas is a good spot to leave the boat for less money. Bad part... mostly all no wake.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
Love the rawbar by boat. Plus the ramp is right there on 15th I think. That use to be the hot spot. Bahi Cabana not far either. Also New River area for nighttime tie up and club action. Don't need a car to get around there. Fort Lauderdale minicipal marina off Las Olas is a good spot to leave the boat for less money. Bad part... mostly all no wake.

Ya the ramp is right there in front of 15th fisheries so that's always a plus as well.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Heard that Lauderdale was mostly no wake...what are we talking as far as "No Wake" from the ocean? Is it a 15 minute idle? 1/2 hour idle? I have no issue with idling in and around the city just to get to a restaurant or marina. I figure we'll just run wherever we are going out on the ocean, then tuck in for lunch, head back out for the afternoon, then come in somewhere to spend the night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.