Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again?? >

New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??

Notices

New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??

Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New nor tech needs a new lift. Try for help again??

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 34' nor tech trips. I asked several months ago about help with a lift for it. Well, I am getting down to the wire now and still don't have any good info.

I need help! I boat at lake erie and have a shallow water canal. Not crazy about spending 30k for a new lift. I don't know anything about lifts. I did have a hydro hoist at norris lake and it was great but water depth was never an issue. The new nor tech weights in around 10K. so I need a lift around 13-15k.

The airdock seems very reasonable but have not heard or seen much feedback on a lift of this size. I am working with 4-6' in water depth.

Do you know anyone in or around the area that can install?
Do you know of any used lifts in this size?
Do you recommend the airdock lift?
What kind of lift do you recommend in this size and shallow water?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buckeyefountain
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 34' nor tech trips. I asked several months ago about help with a lift for it. Well, I am getting down to the wire now and still don't have any good info.

I need help! I boat at lake erie and have a shallow water canal. Not crazy about spending 30k for a new lift. I don't know anything about lifts. I did have a hydro hoist at norris lake and it was great but water depth was never an issue. The new nor tech weights in around 10K. so I need a lift around 13-15k.

The airdock seems very reasonable but have not heard or seen much feedback on a lift of this size. I am working with 4-6' in water depth.

Do you know anyone in or around the area that can install?
Do you know of any used lifts in this size?
Do you recommend the airdock lift?
What kind of lift do you recommend in this size and shallow water?

Thanks for your help!
this is what my friend had done for like 20 k,,it was all new and jeff was soppose to paint the canopy part but never got around to it..he wants to put a deck on top..its a 15k lift and works odd 220 v..also he is in like 3' of water..its a cradle type with a hand held wireless remote..

Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've probably said it before, but the airdock worked for me.
Mine did get a slow leak, but you can patch it.
What's the bottom like where u keep the boat?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a cradle lift and no more water than you. Don't think mine is ever 6ft deep. Bout chest high on me an I'm 6'2. Mine works well. You can find lifts like mine for sale everywhere in the 4-5k range.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep my 34 super Hawaii on an Air Dock. Shallow water it should work just fine. All you need is enough water to float the boat. They can configure several different ways depending on if you are between 2 docks, dock end, Lshape or whatever.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies! The bottom is about 2' of muck! Can't really excavate it either. The canal is to shallow to get barge back there and lot is really to narrow to get equipment in to tear **** up.

I have looked into elevator lifts but man they are like 25-30k. I am not spending the kind of money.

The airdock system is around 6k new but I am still not a huge fan of it. It just doesn't look real dependable to me. I would hate to come back and see one side fail and boat sink.

Has anyone seen an airdock used on a 13-15,000 lbs boat?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyefountain
Thanks for the replies! The bottom is about 2' of muck! Can't really excavate it either. The canal is to shallow to get barge back there and lot is really to narrow to get equipment in to tear **** up.

I have looked into elevator lifts but man they are like 25-30k. I am not spending the kind of money.

The airdock system is around 6k new but I am still not a huge fan of it. It just doesn't look real dependable to me. I would hate to come back and see one side fail and boat sink.

Has anyone seen an airdock used on a 13-15,000 lbs boat?

My uncle had a similar bottom situation. Like the post earlier if you had 4 tall pylons he had cables coming down and straps that went under boat due to shallow bottom. Straps would just replace cradle on cables. Works well.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/boa/3655950487.html

Something like this but taller pylons and replace cradle with straps might work well.

Maybe a davit system also.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

I've read that the sling lifts long term are not good for the gel. Don't know if they still say this but witnessed growing up on ski boats that it affected the windshields etc as it would compress the hullsides. I think a cradle of some sort with bunks to accommodate the steps are a necessity as I've seen the air docks do as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
I've read that the sling lifts long term are not good for the gel. Don't know if they still say this but witnessed growing up on ski boats that it affected the windshields etc as it would compress the hullsides. I think a cradle of some sort with bunks to accommodate the steps are a necessity as I've seen the air docks do as well.
I have seen many boats damaged with slings. Oops I'm old. LOL
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

Ive got a 16000lb Level Lift Hydrohoist for sale and its in Cleveland as well. Its in great condition as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.