Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1999 Ford PSD Tranny Problems!!!! >

1999 Ford PSD Tranny Problems!!!!

Notices

1999 Ford PSD Tranny Problems!!!!

Old 07-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooo...i think he is in the converter lab!
Old 07-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Jon, Sorry Dude! Ive been too F*#%N Busy!!!! hope the truck is OK Ill call you later for an update. MFB
Old 07-26-2002, 12:39 AM
Registered

Audio-
The dealer we bought the Pontiac from was blowin smoke about the problems our car had. We made about 6 trips trying to get someone to fix the car. Each trip, I would hand them a list of the problems, and get a business card in return. I wrote the time and date on back.

The car had an oil leak, pulled to the right, intermittent speaker, etc. The service dept insisted the front end problem was torque steer. The also said they could not repair the oil leak because the seal would take 2 weeks, and that they could not service the car due to backlog.

I took the car to another dealer. I asked to have them put the car on the alignment rack. The mechanic wrote down the caster, camber, and toe-in, and started to get his tools out. I asked about the oil seal. They said to drive it like it was, the seal had to break in. I told them to write down the existing and spec'd front end settings on a repair ticket, and remove the car from the rack.

To make a LLLOOONNGGGG story short, I filed for a buy-back due to lack of honesty and due diligence. The BBB ruled that we had presented the car for repair of the same problems at least 3 times, and the dealers simply did not follow through on their obligation. Pontiac had to buy the car back.

My dad's favorite saying 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'

Bulldog BSEE, PE
NASA Stennis engine test facility
Old 07-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

Bulldog,
You guys build and test the solid rockets for the shuttle correct?
suppose you can loan out one to challenge Warbys water record?
we'll bring it back in better shape than the shuttle leaves them......maybe??
Old 07-26-2002, 08:57 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I am still waiting for a reply from the dealership. They continued to work on the truck yesterday and I guess that Ford asked them to look at some other things before they were willing to put in a transmision. So I waite until they get all that figured out. This is two weeks now they have had my truck!!!!!

Jon
Old 07-26-2002, 09:55 AM
Tee

Default Yesterday

my 1999 F-250 SD tranny started acting up. Mine is a V-10 not a PSD w/ 55K miles on it.
Ran into a convienence store to grab a drink. Upon leaving the shift from 1st to 2nd almost gave me whiplash. Same with shift from 2nd to 3rd. Speedo also wasn't working. All other guages were working fine and no check engine light came on. I took the truck home and got under it to see if I could notice anything wrong. Nothing?? Jumped in it to run down to the parts store to get a new filter and ATF to change everything out. Now its not doing it? Shifts perfectly and Speedo works. I will be changing the fluid and filter this weekend.
Is this the beginning of the problems described in this thread?-------------T

Old 07-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

The VSS, Vehical Speed Sensor on that truck in on the differential assembly, An a\c generator picking its signal from an exciter ring ring on the differential carrier.It seems soon but wear from the differential bearings,gears,etc will attach itself to the sensor pick-up causing a build-up on the sensors magnetic tip and cause and erratic\no signal situation.other possibilities are the sensor itself or a wiring\signal carrier problem.
The computer needs speed sensor input to place shifts properly.
when it saw no signal the trans went to limp mode [a protective mode with max line pressure] causing harsh shifts.
Keep a close eye, or relay this to your local dealer if you are still under warrenty.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know if there is any way to have my truck fixed by some one that is qualified to do the repairs? These guys are not instilling any confidence in me AT ALL!!! All the other dealers in the area can not work on the truck for weeks and hear I sit with my thumb up my azz. I want to bring it to a qualified repair place so that I can be confident with the truck runing ok. Is there any way that I can charge back Ford for a repair?

Jon
Old 07-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

A folder full of unsolved repair order tickets that includes one from the local Transmission Repair Professional who fixed this problem. is ammo enough for your local BBB to arbitrate your problem with your area Ford rep.
or your attorney!
Although somewhat diluted....[Satisfaction] is a phone call away.