Notices

Boat graphics

Old 08-06-2002, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Boat Graphics

Hi Rick252,

I co-own Raceline Digital. Thought I'd check out this site. Heard great things about it.

I'd be happy to help you out with some graphics! Check out our website and let me know what you are looking for.

Annette
Old 08-06-2002, 06:53 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Annette , I have added your Link to my site. Because this has been such an inquiring topic, I built a page for Paint & Graphics LINKs. It is located under my "Parts and Accessories" page @ www.SHARKEYMARINE.com

If anyone has other Graphics sites that I can use, please post them. Thanks!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-06-2002, 07:15 AM
Rick252

Default racelinedigital

I've seen you web site and love the work. I'm really leaning to going the vinyl route so it can be changed whenever I get tired of it.
Annette: I just sent a picture with e-mail, you have my palms all sweaty now waiting to see the results

Last edited by Rick252; 08-06-2002 at 07:22 AM.

Old 08-06-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea Mitcher T was a board member either.

Mitcher T, I saw some of your work at Sunsation as well......Impressive to say the least!!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

Unhappy Playn

I was really sorry to have missed the rally, I missed everyone and those I was hoping to meet. Next year for sure.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Sunsation 32

I have a Mitcher T paint job on my boat and all I can say is that it is excellent with no imperfections!!!

Old 08-09-2002, 05:20 AM
Rick252

I sent Mitcher T pictures, and now I'm just waiting to see what he comes up with. I'll let everyone know how it turns out

Old 08-09-2002, 11:18 AM
hughandlinda

In my boat I want solid midnight blue from the rub rail to the chine,(like playboy cig) should this be done with paint or in the mold, what are the advantages/disadvantages of in gel solid graphics vs paint? new boat,

Thanks for inputs

Old 08-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

Rick 252,

I have a couple of ideas for you, the keylines are drawn in my computer, just haven't had the time to finish them. I should have them for you on Monday.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by hughandlinda
In my boat I want solid midnight blue from the rub rail to the chine,(like playboy cig) should this be done with paint or in the mold, what are the advantages/disadvantages of in gel solid graphics vs paint? new boat,

Thanks for inputs
Hughand Linda, Gelcoat blue is really pretty when new and for several years thereafter, is tougher than paint. Those are the 2 bigest advantages.

The disadvantage is that it is guaranteed to fade in several years, and then you're going to have the problem that started this thread and the "Boat Graphics" thread. You cannot get it to polish up for very long and it will not get the luster you had from the beginning, so you will eventually need to repaint.

Either way, the possibility of a repaint after several years, whether due to gel fade or paint damage, is probably inevitable.

The biggest advantage that I would say to painting from the beginning (and not just because I'm a painter) is that you have a much greater range of color and/or graphics possibilities, and you are limited only by your artist's capabilities (or lack thereof).

Mitcher T

Quick Reply: Boat graphics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.